Our soldiers deserve better than this.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/covid-live-updates-houston-news-delta-deaths-16385185.php

Army Veteran died of gallstone complications because there were no hospitals around to admit him due to the sheer number of COVID cases requiring staff and bed.  Gallstones. Very treatable with surgery. He died - maybe because someone like that Allen coach was occupying a bed/icu for 3 weeks when a vaccine would have kept him out of the hospital. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What will you talk about when we've solved this crisis?  

How about I talk about how last year more cops died from covid than the remaining top 5 killers combined? 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What will you talk about when we've solved this crisis?  

We should just merge all covid talk into one mega thread so you can just argue with yourself all day. 

Ah Rudy. You are so cute. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I mean, you could, but why?  I know cops who have died from it. 

Because sunshine kills it. The more it is out in the open, the better. The less misinformation, the better. Cops are FILLED with conspiracies and bravado. Like this dude: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/anti-vaxx-police-officer-dies-covid-b1910221.html?utm_source=reddit.com

I see the DPD wearing chin-beard-masks all the time when going into stores. Seems like a valid think to address - to keep the public servants healthy and on the job - protecting our lives and all. 

You asked me a question - I was just given a reasonable answer. If you don't care, that is fine. We can go back to talking about how a 46 year old (otherwise) healthy guy died from not being able to get into an OR because of staffing problems because of covid. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1