UH v. UTSA postponed

Cr1028

24 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Two professional organizations who are donating proceeds to disaster relief.

I'm pretty sure UHs community could get behind a game, just like they would if the Astros are playing at home

Which is being considered by the MLB for the Astros to return home this weekend

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm pretty sure UHs community could get behind a game, just like they would if the Astros are playing at home

I think UH's community is the one that needs help. The area around where the Astros played was gushing water out of manholes a few days ago.

Where are we going with this conversation??

This is a huge disaster from Corpus into Louisiana. Let them do what they need to do.

I don't care about UTSA vs Houston anymore. Let's move on.

39 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

The Texans and Astros have no problem playing for the city of Houston but Major's squad can't stomach it? They haven't been stuck in floodwaters unable to practice, they've been practicing at UT's air conditioned bubble for almost a week now and can't muster the strengthfor the 80 mile trip to the Alamodome? 

One set of teams listed is made up of multi-millionaires and are adults...the other is made up of college kids that are mostly from the area most affected by the flooding.

Football is important...but not even close to the most important thing that they need to be concentrating on right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Sucks the game cant be played, trust me we wanted to all go to the game.  Had a lot of hype for us, but there are more important things.  Houston is a disaster right now and they need help.  Not to mention lots of teams in Texas has Houston kids on the roster.  Ours has 15 or so I believe.  Let them all go home and do what needs to be done, then we will just have to turn our focus on to Baylor.  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Why are we not cancelling our game? If it's good for UH and UTSA, it should be good for us and Beaumont-based Lamar. We have players from affected areas just like UTSA does and the golden triangle is a mess right now.

The decision should be Lamar's to make.  If they feel like it's not best for them, then they should make that call.  I'm sure Wren & Co are fully on-board with that sentiment & would work with Lamar's AD to get it rescheduled since they need that money.  Otherwise, of course we want to play!

UNT should not cancel/postpone the game unilaterally.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1