DRC: Jalie Mitchell to face former recruit Loryn Goodwin this week

Brett Vito

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Petersen inherited a potentially great team and proceeded to run most off.   RV hiring one of his old friends with disastrous results. 

Not in year 1, IIRC.  I think I liked the guy for the early part of his tenure.  Not like the dumpster fire Benny lit right outta the gate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Not in year 1, IIRC.  I think I liked the guy for the early part of his tenure.  Not like the dumpster fire Benny lit right outta the gate.

Yes, he started off well as I recall, again with basically Aston's recruiting class.  Goodwin was foy her first year, and the runner up was teammate Alexis Hyder.  Both were on the all conference freshman team and third team all conference.  Goodwin left after the first year and Hyder after her second, 2 of many that left Petersen's team.  

I watched many of Petersen's games and it seems he always had some of this team upset.   It was very surprising that a veteran coach would have some many personnel issues.  Lots of coaches run off the bottom of their lineup, but Petersen's couldn't keep the top.