Big 12 Realignment Thoughts Pertaining to UNT

Harry

On 11/24/2017 at 6:37 PM, GrayEagle said:

Let's see...  We're spending millions to upgrade facilities and increase salaries.  We're adding coaches to get on par with AAC and MWC.    We've hired an Athletic Director who is liked and respected by others in higher conferences.  We have implied that we would like to be athletically with Tier 1 universities.  We're turning a sow's ear campus into a silk purse.  

Does that sound like we want to go back to where we came from?  For crying out loud, give a little respect to the administration that has us turning the corner to respectability.  If we don't succeed it will be because of our apathetic alumni and students but I believe that we will overcome that in time.  We are so used to being the red-headed stepchild that we have virtually no faith in anyone's ability to change our lot.  You know, WB may not succeed in his endeavor but I believe that he'll bust a gut trying.  You saw the quote from Commissioner Aresco.  Does that sound as if he is saying "don't bother".  

Seth pitched for this job because he saw the potential that North Texas offered and it appears he's on his way to proving that he was right.  Teams are improving.  I believe that recruiting will improve also which will begat even more improved teams.  I believe that he will leave for one of the best paying jobs in college coaching in due time but he may need another two or three years for the right job to open.  His/our ride may not always be smooth but progress isn't always straight ahead.  I hope that none of us get discouraged at an occasional setback.

No disrespect for any Sun Belt teams but I don't see us going back as that league now stands.  There are three or four teams that I would not mind being in a conference with but they are in Texas or an adjoining state.  But, I would want them to move up rather than our going back to the SBC.  

So cheer up and try to improve your lot.  Keep talking about North Texas in a positive manner.  Support in whatever manner you can afford.  Heads up!  There's an old saying that I believe to be true.  "If you don't think that you can you're probably right!"

Well, there is a certain you-know-who that thinks UNT isn't good enough (and never will be) for the likes of coaches such as  Seth Littrell.   Let's prove him wrong.