Potential next AD??

Cannot state it loud enough that this guy or gal has had to do it successfully at another program - been in the top position and moved results from A to B.  List the results needed at UNT and if he or she did it from the top capacity then they are a candidate.  No more training on the job jokesters.

And by the way Smastrek, find a way to move UNT, UTEP, UTSA and Rice to the Mountain West.  If Rice doesn't want to come bring Texas State.  

Boise will draw, Air Force will draw, UNM will bring some fans.  UTEP and UTSA will continue to bring their fans up and over too. 

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

How many of their players bumped a peg or two simply because UT offered is my question here.   Also glad to know I was right again.  lol 

Butch Jones didn't offer that many of Texas' signees.

You could make that claim about any of the other programs around the top 10 as well. The truth is, there is a lot of pressure by the many subscribers of those services subsites to bump their commits. Not just Texas.

Also, saying a class is ranked X or a recruit is a 3-star, etc is not really a straightforward statement now. With four major recruiting sites, classes are ranked differently and most people will call a recruit a 5-star even if three sites have him as a 4-star. I think people feel specifying which service's rating they are citing may be a waste of breath lol.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Butch Jones didn't offer that many of Texas' signees.

You could make that claim about any of the other programs around the top 10 as well. The truth is, there is a lot of pressure by the many subscribers of those services subsites to bump their commits. Not just Texas.

Also, saying a class is ranked X or a recruit is a 3-star, etc is not really a straightforward statement now. With four major recruiting sites, classes are ranked differently and most people will call a recruit a 5-star even if three sites have him as a 4-star. I think people feel specifying which service's rating they are citing may be a waste of breath lol.

Lol.. So. I put the chances of landing Ryan Newsome at 2% Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

How many of their players bumped a peg or two simply because UT offered is my question here.   Also glad to know I was right again.  lol 

Being that ratings are primarily a function of who recruits who, it is a completely understandable occurrence. 

Taking UT as an example, they have all the money in the world and their jobs depend on signing the best players.  No rating service doing independent analysis can match those resources and motivation.    So basically, they just keep track of who is recruiting players.  

13 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Lol.. So. I put the chances of landing Ryan Newsome at 2% Your thoughts?

Thoughts?  Move your UT/Baylor recruiting argument to a thread dedicated to UT/Baylor recruiting.

Back on topic, the Toledo AD and Farmer from ULL should be at the top of the list.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thoughts?  Move your UT/Baylor recruiting argument to a thread dedicated to UT/Baylor recruiting.

Back on topic, the Toledo AD and Farmer from ULL should be at the top of the list.

You got I t thread police (who has never had a side discussion in a dead thread) I was originally talking about the possibility of hiring someone from UT athletic office. Good grief. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 4

Sorry, I've had UNT90 on ignore, one of his inane posts slipped through and I have been pissed off ever since.  A real nice start to my Monday.  Anyway, my post did come across a-holeish.  My apologies, carry on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3