MGB: No news today on hoops, source says

Brett Vito

25 minutes ago, Brett Vito said:

“We will have a really good chance in the league,” Reese said of Conference USA. “To bring all that talent back and have another year to build chemistry, we could be good next year.”

And if we're not, then what? I am OK with this if this is RV's swan song, AKA his last stand as AD. If he is riding on Benford to keep his job then let him ride him. I can stomach another year of Benford (from a far) if it cements RV's resignation. Because I can all but guarantee that we will be at best a 10 seed in CUSA tourney while matching a .500 at best record. It will be very, very interesting to see how many cupcakes RV tries to schedule to soften it up and make him look better. It will be hard to get the OOC schedule easier than this season, but when RV's job is (hopefully) on the line I wouldn't dare put it past him. It has become crystal clear that RV is in full job save mode and will do anything to stay here. All he is doing though is creating a legacy that everyone will hate...he will be remembered as the guy that everyone wanted out forever. President Smastrek has to step forward, he just has to. 

• Upvote 3

The wrong conversation happened. President Smatresk should have met with RV and evaluated HIM on HIS performance, but since quasi-rich people protect him, he never faces consequences. 

Looks more and more like TB remains and RV isn't man enough to come out and say it. Not surprising, since his MO is to consistently lie to his fan base.

You have a front row seats to the death of the UNT athletic program. Enjoy.

The one bright side is that Benford refused to comment. This may be by order of RV in a stupid attempt to hope questions go away, or it may indicate Benford knows he is out. 

UNT, doing things wrong for 100 years.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 9

Why anyone would donate one red cent to this dysfunctional piece of crap of an athletic department is beyond me. 

Its all about the glorification of Rick Villareal. Nothing else matters to him or his supporters.

Enjoy your massive suck. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

If RV is making the decision, there's no way he fires Benford. It would call more attention to the fact that he's turned our athletics program into a disaster.

I was going to call it a dumpster fire, but those can be put out.

UNT athletics under RV is more like the Centralia mine fire, which has burned for decades, can't be put out and has driven the public away forever.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I feel so very bad for you, TTG. You've believed every season that North Texas would fire Tony Benford since he fell flat on his face after one season here and wasting away the best talent this university has probably ever seen on the basketball court. Yet, each year, without fail, you've had to watch RV play the role of Lucy and pull the football away from you, just as you were ready to kick it hard like Charlie Brown. You are probably the most knowledgeable fan on this board, even though Andrew tells us he is...and yet you have been rewarded with nut kick after nut kick.

Why couldn't it be Ryan Munthe instead of TTG? Or GL2Greatness? Nope, we have crush the hopes and dreams of the best poster on the site...

UNT'd

• Upvote 4