need a jersey

southsideguy

UNT Football Jersies and Practice T's - $5 (Denton, Tx) 

image 1
00L0L_asJFdq3EsDX_600x450.jpg
00t0t_9OlzghXf3cL_600x450.jpg
00G0G_aIpMUl74WWz_600x450.jpg
image 1image 2image 3image 4
Many styles and sizes to choose from. Make an offer on entire lot. Please call or text eight17-999-4132 with any questions or to get directions. Thank you.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Saw this on craigslist, no i am not feeling them and not sure who is

i am not selling these i just saw them on craigslist

• Upvote 3

I was told today by what I believe to be a reliable source that the UNT athletic department is going to have another one of those "garage sale" type events at this year's Spring Game where people can buy used (some very gently) items.   This was a big hit when they did it a few years ago and should be pretty neat this time.

• Upvote 7

Remember, these are true game day jerseys.  An XL in these jerseys is cut much differently that an XL at the local department store.  These jerseys are full through the shoulders and chest and tight through the abdomen.  Most of us old dudes need the opposite.

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

I'll make a deal with someone for the garage sale.  I will PayPal someone money to get a Nike game jersey at garage sale. I'm overseas. If anyone is willing I'll make it worth their effort. 

If @TheTastyGreek can't do it, I also plan on being at the spring game.  PM me and I'll take care of you if he can't.  I'll be getting a couple if they do this again.  I've got some of these old SunBelt ones already and I'm definitely ready for some new ones.

On February 2, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Moobs said:

If @TheTastyGreek can't do it, I also plan on being at the spring game.  PM me and I'll take care of you if he can't.  I'll be getting a couple if they do this again.  I've got some of these old SunBelt ones already and I'm definitely ready for some new ones.

Thanks for the help, gents. I'd like to get around to these things, but, you know...

On 2/3/2016 at 3:38 PM, mgmom2014 said:

Thanks for the tip.  Bought 22 of them from him last night.  Now to turn them into blankets......

What sizes were available?

Where there any with names on the back, or just plain?

I see there are white jersey's with green cuffs on the rack in this photo... what year are those from?

1 hour ago, jperg2 said:

I see there are white jersey's with green cuffs on the rack in this photo... what year are those from?

That's a mix of old away jerseys from different eras. The ones in front there with the Star UNT logo on the sleeve, I believe are the away jerseys we used starting in 1998 for Dickey's first season. These have the big block letter NORTH TEXAS name on the chest. These jerseys are with Russell Athletic branded or have no brand logo. First couple of years with Dickey the players didn't have names on their jerseys. Can't tell ya exactly when we started to do that.

Andrew Smith against TCU.
1024x1024.jpg

Kevin Galbreath against OU.
a_galbreath_i.jpg

The ones in the middle with the green sleeve stripes are the second style of jersey from the Bowl Years. These are New Balance branded. These came in two flavors.
For 2004, we used a white jersey with a round green trimmed scoop neck hole and green sleeve stripes and a tiny NORTH TEXAS chest logo. White body, green numbers and sleeve stripes, black number outlines.

Not an away jersey but here's Scott Hall wearing the 2004 home green jersey with the small NORTH TEXAS chest logo It had black neck hole trim. 
gallery_35327_175_1551068.jpg

For 2005-2006, we used the same basic design, but with a larger Mean Green chest logo and a green V-shaped neck hole. Again, black was used as a number outline color for both the home and away jerseys.

Patrick Cobbs and Daniel Meager @ Kansas State.
Daneil-Meager-ntksu04.jpg

Here we can see that Patrick Cobbs and Daniel Meager had green sleeve stripes. This is from 2006, since it has the new current UNT branding font on the helmet (which I happen to love. The font that is, not that it said NORTH TEXAS on the helmets. Trust me, I'm beyond happy that we finally have the SOW on the damn helmets. Shoulda happened a decade ago). 
I just looked through a photo gallery from the 2006 game at Texas. Some of the jerseys had green sleeve stripes and some didn't. Dunno why. Woody Wilson even had a baggy sleeve Jersey in that game.

And then these were retired when Todd Dodge took over and everything went to shit.

Trivia note here: Some of those white jerseys with the Star UNT logo on the sleeve, MAY have been worn during the 1998 game at Oklahoma. So some of those jerseys MAY have played against Seth Littrell (if you find a #21, that guy tackled Seth Littrell in that game).

• Upvote 1

On February 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM, UNTLifer said:

Remember, these are true game day jerseys.  An XL in these jerseys is cut much differently that an XL at the local department store.  These jerseys are full through the shoulders and chest and tight through the abdomen.  Most of us old dudes need the opposite.?

Hide contents

Just cut it off and wear it as a half-shirt...

I do...

On February 3, 2016 at 3:38 PM, mgmom2014 said:

Thanks for the tip.  Bought 22 of them from him last night.  Now to turn them into blankets......

Make sure and wash them at least 5 times before doing this...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:40 PM, jperg2 said:

There were all sizes and most had names written on the back.  I'm not sure what year they are from but they had a sunbelt patch on them.