Billboard anyone?

UNT90

So now we are the wine and cheese crowd?  Well f.u. too buddy.   I cook barbeque.   You really think that millions of dollars were donated just for access?  You really think people sit around saying "how do we alienate the piss ants?"

No sir, we need piss ants.   The stadium looks stupid without them.  We need like 20000 piss ants at every game, because everyone can't afford wine and cheese.

Here we go......

#itsallajoke 

I cooked a leg of lamb at a tailgate... Am I too much of a yuppie because you cook barbecue?

• Upvote 2

nor will banners, billboards etc, but carry on

goldfield doesn't count john.  He went broke.   And I mean hard broke.   He may have publicly made excuses, but he went broke.  And he told me this stadium will never happen to my face.  I wanted to punch him.

This shows the class you have.  Why would you say that about a person?  Why wouldn't you just say "Goldfield went through some hard times and I don't foresee his donations being anywhere near the level they were in the past?"  You could have easily said something about taking a loss on his house - Opening bid was at 10 mil and it was on the market for 35 mil and the reported cost was 46 mil.  Instead, you bring up this little story about him.  

So now we are the wine and cheese crowd?  Well f.u. too buddy.   I cook barbeque.   You really think that millions of dollars were donated just for access?  You really think people sit around saying "how do we alienate the piss ants?"

No sir, we need piss ants.   The stadium looks stupid without them.  We need like 20000 piss ants at every game, because everyone can't afford wine and cheese.

Here we go......

#itsallajoke 

Classless comment again... "f.u. too buddy.  I cook barbeque." First, you start calling out people jobs and now you're saying this??  This is becoming more of a habit than a mistake here and there. 

You can talk about the millions that were just donated but lets just look at that ROI.....  You can keep on throwing millions to a dead horse, its your money, I won't tell you how to spend it.  

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 3

$225 is all I can do right now. Most of my funds are tied up in the railroads- I currently own reading, but I am going after B&O. I currently have 4 houses on Baltic Avenue, but I'm thinking about tearing those down and building a hotel. I do plan on giving more, once my Christmas gifts are bought. Have to go big, first time I'll see my kid open his presents on Christmas day.

• Upvote 3

You and your buddies became the wine and cheese crowd the minute that you said that the smaller donations didn't matter as much. Calling the donors like me piss ants because I can only donate as much as a humble military officer and teacher wife can afford (while still donating to her alma mater, UCLA, who is ecstatically grateful for all donations, not just the big ones). The ivory tower donations may be able to pay for the big ticket items and make RV feel like he's doing his job, but the fact that he is not interested in cultivating all donations shows a half-assed effort or completely apathetic attitude in the performance of his duties. Even if his job, from a fund raising standpoint, is to play golf with the pipehitters, the fact that he is not holding his minions accountable for their lack of effort is still a failure on his part.

The "piss ants" (assuming that it's tongue-and-cheek) are the donations that truly matter and are the readily available ones. The fact that he has referred to the numerical and under-tapped/appreciated majority simply because we don't throw money at him hand-over-fist shows a complete detachment from reality. 17 donors are not able to financially sustain a program. If he instructed his staff to begin aggressively pursuing donations from the every man (like UCLA), we would not need bodybag games to finance our athletic department and we could actually have an appealing schedule with winnable games.

I care about wins. I care about the program. I'm shocked that you guys are appalled by the rebellious financial minority getting fed up at not being listened to. 1000 of the minority actually engaged by the leadership will compliment the wine and cheese donors quite well (in my world, we call it main efforts and supporting efforts). I have no problem referring to the 6 figure donors as the main effort. But, the success of the main effort is only possible by paying AS MUCH ATTENTION TO THE SUPPORTING EFFORTS AS THE MAIN EFFORT!

The arrogance is stunning, and if you examine RV's comments about the banner (minute few), you will see that Fly is just trumpeting the party line. 

Its offensive that this AD thinks anyone giving money doesn't matter. It's clear by Fly's comments that is exactly what he thinks. And yes, Fly might as well be Glad to be Green, because the relationship is that close. 

Its friendship over success. Only at UNT. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I only own the railroads because I went on a two week bender where all I did was drive around the block and kept getting $200. I blew most of the money registering for beauty contests and losing. Ultimately wound up in court, so I don't have enough left to even buy property on Marvin Gardens, let alone boardwalk.

• Upvote 2

Here we go......

#itsallajoke 

As someone whom I would have to assume employs a PR department, if not just a single representative.... Reading this thread I can see one more responsibility it might be prudent to entrust upon them.  

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 3