Spoke with an older Alumni yesterday

untbowler

This will probably get moved but very interesteing as it pertains to donors giving to UNT. I was speaking a older alumni who I play tennis with and finally realized he is a UNT alumni, but he like I am sure thousands of others refuses to give to UNT. I asked him why and he said the school has done nothing to earn the money and he just does not want to throw it away.

I then mentioned to him we have one more home game and then a game on the deuce and his response was NMSU and ASU, so who cares. We both agreed on the need for better media coverage and the need for new UNT promotions videos and athletics promotions. As well the need to play a more regional schedule against more name recognized opponents.

I hope his attitude is not the majority but I think it might be and this is a donor who could potential donate tens of thousands alone.

So we need an upgrade in administration and media, as well as try to sneak into CUSA or more named regional conference or well we will not grow to the level we should be at. sad.gif

He is part of the problem and doesn't want to be part of the solution. Ask him if he is a fan of college football and if he roots for any specific teams. If he does then the reality is he likes other people to make a committment to something and then enjoy the fruits of their support. It sounds to me like he gave you a dishonest answer. It is not that he does not want to "throw his money away", it is that he simply does not want to give at all. He just can't handle the truth.

We both agreed on the need for better media coverage and the need for new UNT promotions videos and athletics promotions.

So he agrees we need to upgrade in some areas that obviously rely on alumni donations for these upgrades. Sounds like another person with all the answers, yet doesn't want to be part of the solution. Sorry, but an upgrade in administration, which we have acheived, and an upgrade in media, which is pretty much out of our hands, is the determining factor whether this "alumni" gives or not? He needs to pull his head out of the sand or another place that blocks the sunlight!