Purdue-Marshall

Marty

Purdue just went up 28-24 7:21 in 3rd quarter.  Gotta say Birdsong looks like a good QB.  Marshall is hanging tough but I worry about their depth heading into 4th.  Pursues oline is starting to move people around.

Watching this game just reinforces C-USA is a very solid league.  

Sure do. We have no P5 teams coming to Apogee until at least 2021 and most likely beyond with this AD doing the scheduling.

But, of course you know that.

Yep...sure do...but I am not bitching about it with every breath like some continue to do.  But, you knew that too

Plus...I want Army, Navy, SMU, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Air Force, etc. at Apogee.  Not the big P5's you are constantly whining about.  But, you read this board, so you knew that as well.

• Upvote 2

Yep...sure do...but I am not bitching about it with every breath like some continue to do.  But, you knew that too

Plus...I want Army, Navy, SMU, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Air Force, etc. at Apogee.  Not the big P5's you are constantly whining about.  But, you read this board, so you knew that as well.

Right, you want us to stay where we have always been. Got it.

I'd like us to finally act like an FBS program, especially like EVERY SINGLE ONE of our conference mates.

In other news, it looks like this game is going down to the wire. Imagine, a game against a P5 in your own stadium going down to the wire. What a concept.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Imagine winning a game against a P5 in your home stadium. Marshall had that opportunity and took advantage of it. RV won't give UNT, and most importantly UNT players, that opportunity for 10 plus years (even after we took advantage of it the last time we had it).

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Imagine winning a game against a P5 in your home stadium. Marshall had that opportunity and took advantage of it. RV won't give UNT that opportunity for 10 plus years (even after we took advantage of it the last time we had it).

why imagine something we have done...

• Upvote 4

Imagine winning a game against a P5 in your home stadium. Marshall had that opportunity and took advantage of it. RV won't give UNT, and most importantly UNT players, that opportunity for 10 plus years (even after we took advantage of it the last time we had it).

Indiana.  You forget that win over a Big Ten team at Apogee?  Imagine that...winning a home game over a P5 in Apogee.

• Upvote 2

Congrats to Marshall.  Played a great game and made plays when they needed to do so to seal the win.  Well, there is 1:05 left...I hope I don't jinx Marshall in the last 60 seconds.

Nope...no way...Marshall has this!  Congrats CUSA brother!

• Upvote 1

Indiana.  You forget that win over a Big Ten team at Apogee?  Imagine that...winning a home game over a P5 in Apogee.

DIdn't forget it at all. That's why I said correctly that RV won't give these kids another chance to prove they are capable for 10 plus freaking years! 2011 to 2021, at least! All because he is too lazy to get it done. They just quoted Marshall's AD as saying that they will only play 1 and 1s.

Must be nice to have a FBS quality AD. Maybe someday.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

Im confused. I thought we beat Indiana in Apogee. Aint they in the BIG10 with Purdue?

• Upvote 2

Tell me we have a prayer at Marshall. In fact from this week's games UTEP seems the only possibility  I am sure you can look for 1,500 chilled fans at Apogee on a Thanksgiving weekend.

UNT90... Is that you?  Come on Jim.  We haven't even played a game as yet.  Perhaps you should see the team in a game or two before you just go and write the season off.  The Mean Green beats SMU and then Rice at home and you might change your tune.  UNT loses both of those games and I might join you in sitting through another disappointing season for the Mean Green.  Yes, sitting through is correct as we both would be in that 1500 size crowd you predict.  Win, lose, draw...we'll be there.  

PS...I still have that wager $$$ you handed me to hold for you...thought about spending it a couple of times on some new Mean Green gear for you and MeanGreenTexan, but decided against it.  :-)

• Upvote 1