UNT Scholarship Fund

UNTLifer

Harry, feel free to move this if deemed necessary.  Everyone, below is a link to a gofundme account I created to solicit donations in an effort to fully fund a scholarship my family established in my father's memory.  If you are interested in donating or would like more information regarding the scholarship and the requirements students must meet to qualify, please click on the link below.  Thank you and Go Mean Green.

http://www.gofundme.com/johndouthitt

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

UNTLifer it might be more beneficial to the people that want to contribute to the fund be urged to go to directly to UNT for the contribution as contributions to GoFundMe are not guaranteed to be deductible for tax purposes. Plus UNT does not charge any fees for the contribution. The link below will take you directly there. UNT will issue the required receipt for tax purposes.

Donate to Douthitt Endowed Scholarship

FROM THE GOFUNDME WEBSITE:

Is my donation tax-deductible?

Donations made to a GoFundMe Personal campaign are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. You can always check with a tax professional to be sure. Only donations made to a GoFundMe Certified Charity campaign are guaranteed to be tax-deductible.

Not sure if you donated to a Certified Charity campaign? You should've received a tax-deductible receipt from our charity partner FirstGiving. You can also visit the campaign you donated to and look for the 'Certified Charity' badge. Here's how it looks:

If you don't see the 'Certified Charity' badge on the campaign you donated to, then it's likely a Personal campaign. You'll need to consult with a tax professional in your area to see if your donation is eligible to claim as a tax deduction.

Edited by NT1978
  • Upvote 1

Wow.  I am just trying to get the word out about a scholarship that we have work to fund for a number of years.  Didn't realize this would solicit negative feedback.  

Thank you for providing the link to the UNT site.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Downvote 2