Portland is particularly infuriating, because WE are paying THEM to come to Apogee, yet we can't schedule them on opening weekend? Seriously? 

Maybe Portland already had their game against Washington State scheduled for Sept 5th before we signed our game. Believe me, I prefer we play FCS teams in week 1 too. But, I don't know the circumstances involved in scheduling Portland State.

Maybe Portland already had their game against Washington State scheduled for Sept 5th before we signed our game. Believe me, I prefer we play FCS teams in week 1 too. But, I don't know the circumstances involved in scheduling Portland State.

you are acting like Portland St. is a preferred opponent. They are a freaking FCS school. They don't want to play us on opening day? Go find an FCS that will.

And if all other FCS's were already booked, that just confirms the laziness and ineptitude that goes into scheduling football games at UNT. 

• Upvote 1

you are acting like Portland St. is a preferred opponent. They are a freaking FCS school. They don't want to play us on opening day? Go find an FCS that will.

And if all other FCS's were already booked, that just confirms the laziness and ineptitude that goes into scheduling football games at UNT. 

I'd like to believe RV looked for an FCS to play us on opening day and not subject our team to 12 straight weeks of games.

I'd like to believe RV looked for an FCS to play us on opening day and not subject our team to 12 straight weeks of games.

It would take a little leg work to look around and see if there were FCS had opening week 1 when we booked Portland St. My bet is there were several. I also think this was out of laziness and a possible personal connection because..uh..Portland who? 

Quick show of hands.  Who here has taken their complaints to Mac, the BOR, AD, President or Chancellor? Be it in person, phone call, email or otherwise. Have you let them know your donations be it big or small will cease at some point if things do not change? I have found that they generally respond. (Mac, AD, and Chancellor for me). Sure it's mostly fluff responses but that does not matter. What matters is you were heard and if enough of us do this it will help push them to take action. Regardless of what some on here will have you believe, nonstop rants on this board achieve nothing but hurt our recruiting.  

Yes it does hurt our recruiting.

I am all for this being an open forum to get anything and everything off your chest. God knows I have went on a few rants myself on this board. With that said, you have been heard by the choir.   It's off your chest.  Now contact the people that can actually do something about it and contact them often. Each time you reach for the keyboard to write your 5000th rant about the same topic, stop, breathe and then send an email or make a call to someone that can do something about it.  If enough of us do this then just maybe we will see some action.  

• Upvote 6

Above is some of the best advice I have ever seen on this board. I have written the President regarding our lack of competiveness in CUSA. He gave me a fairly prompt response saying that he too liked winning teams and coaches. I made the point that our student fee is half or less of that charged by our in state CUSA competition, which I feel has a great deal to do with our inability to compete. 

• Upvote 3

No need to waste any of their time. They are smart people. And they have better things to do. 

A a letter to the AD will do zero good. Zero zip zilch. He has been getting those letters for 14 years. How has that panned out so far? 

I don't begrudge people from expressing themselves directly. If you are a big enough donor, you may be heard. But don't begrudge us little guys the opportunity to gripe publicly about a disaster of an AD.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No need to waste any of their time. They are smart people. And they have better things to do. 

A a letter to the AD will do zero good. Zero zip zilch. He has been getting those letters for 14 years. How has that panned out so far? 

I don't begrudge people from expressing themselves directly. If you are a big enough donor, you may be heard. But don't begrudge us little guys the opportunity to gripe publicly about a disaster of an AD.

I could not disagree with you more. 

• Upvote 2

I'm a season(ed) ticket holder and lifetime fan.  I, too, have discussed with the old and new pres.  The new pres seemed to care more about winning and our football image.  That is good news.  The University does like RV for his ability to bring in dough.  That is the bad part, and the origin of my post.  His money is not top level money. If, and I realize it will likely not happen, but if we can part with RV and get a REAL top level AD then we could see REAL money and the opportunity for change.  With RV, no change.  GMG.

• Upvote 4