CFB Playoffs

NT93

Serious question: How can Ohio State be ranked ahead of Baylor?

Baylor has beaten OU and TCU.

Ohio St. has beaten Mich. St. and Minnesota.

Most other wins seem fairly equal against mostly average to below average teams.

Baylor lost to W. Va. which has lost to Alabama, K. St., TCU, OU, and UT. (All ranked except UT)

Ohio St. lost to Va. Tech which has lost to E. Carolina, Pitt, Ga. Tech, Boston College, Miami, and Wake Forest. (Only Ga. Tech is ranked)

In my mind these facts are clearly in favor of Baylor. What am I missing?

• Upvote 2

Ohio State has the prestige, budget, and the eyeballs that Baylor and TCU don't have...its pretty much that simple. Replace the two private schools with Texas or Oklahoma and Ohio State isn't even in the running right now.

I don't even like Baylor or TCU - at all. But this statement above is everything that is wrong with college football. Got money? Congratulations! You're the national champion! Smaller joint who put together a magical best in history season? Congratulations! You're going to the Independence Bowl vs. San Jose State on a Thursday morning!

• Upvote 1

I don't even like Baylor or TCU - at all. But this statement above is everything that is wrong with college football. Got money? Congratulations! You're the national champion! Smaller joint who put together a magical best in history season? Congratulations! You're going to the Independence Bowl vs. San Jose State on a Thursday morning!

Don't get me wrong--I agree with you. But its pretty much the way it will go, if the following happens this weekend; TCU and Baylor win in the less than stellar fashion (especially Baylor) and Ohio State (somehow) clobbers Wisconsin, which I don't see happening at all right now. But again, Ohio State is college football royalty--the NCAA is gonna do all they can to make sure they get included in their new playoff. TCU is really their biggest competition here, as the committee has made it abundantly clear that they don't like Baylor's OOC schedule at all, and TCU's victory over Minnesota is better than Ohio State's victory over the Gophers. In the end, the NCAA might get their out on this, since Ohio State's QB is out for this game and Wisconsin has been playing real well. But if its all equal, Ohio State's advantages are gonna be weighed real hard against TCU.