The Indiana Game - Dec. 29th

I hope our sports marketing dept. is working with the I.U. alumni office to get the word out to any I.U. alum within 1,000 miles. I don't care if they bring 5,000 fans, their money spends pretty good here!

Has anybody seen any or know of any promotional effort around town or in the papers? Hopefully it will start after Thanksgiving. Hopefully we will be healed up by Dec. 29th. Will Shaunson Jhaunson tongue.gif be available for that game?

Shawnson Johnson will be eligible December 13 (against TCU) along with John Franklin, but Johnson will be out for a little longer with his hernia injury.

And it has been posted that the AD will bring Cuban up for the game via the million dollar bus (an idea you heard right here first wink.gif), and I hope we wine and dine him more than we have any other donor. Mark's a cool guy. If you e-mail him talking up the game, he will probably write back. I have sent him about a dozen emails since he became owner and he has wrote back every time. I have also got to shoot the bull with him more than once before and after Mavs games, it's amazing how down to earth he is considering his wealth. He is one of the few "real" fans that happen to own a team. I hope he comes and has a good time, maybe writes a couple of checks while he is at it. smile.gif

I don't care if they bring 5,000 fans, their money spends pretty good here!

They can bring more than that! I don't care if the Super Pit is mostly red, they bought tickets, a hot dog and a soft drink, and helped sell out the Super Pit in quite a while, I will thank them for coming.

And it has been posted that the AD will bring Cuban up for the game via the million dollar bus (an idea you heard right here first ), and I hope we wine and dine him more than we have any other donor.

I hope this is money well spent and not just an avenue for him to watch his beloved Hoosiers. I would take this to mean that there is a possibility that he will "invest" in UNT athletics.

Let's just try to get him here and show him a good time. If we can show him we are building our program and our students are having fun while attending the game maybe he will adopt us. He didn't show up for SMU vs. TTech (he's a big fan of Bob Knight) 2 years ago, and they invited him, so let's not get too dissappointed if he doesn't show up.

Nobody gets hit up for $$$ more than him, and if we can just get the publicity of having him here on the local news, hopefully broadcast live from The Pit, would be worth sending the $1m bus & a few dancers. Also, let's not forget his wife just had a baby girl, so a tiny UNT cheerleader oufit should be forwarded along with the invite.

Even though he's a fan of Bobby Knight, I think we'd all agree that there's a big difference between that and going to a local game to watch your alma mater. wink.gif

I never received an e-mail back from him, which I thought was odd...oh well. I hope he's there. I'd love to have him adopt the athletics program, but right now I'd just like him to give us a little publicity by being at the game, getting red in the face by yelling at the refs. laugh.gif