North Texas Pearl Jam item

On the same token, emmitt, why do we hear every little thing about every bad thing that happens over there and we don't see much of this:

This is a letter from Ray Reynolds, a medic in the Iowa Army National Guard, serving in Iraq:

As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media. They have done a very poor job of covering everything that has happened. I am sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you during my two week leave back home. And just so you can rest at night knowing something is happening in Iraq that is noteworthy, I thought I would pass this on to you. This is the list of things that has happened in Iraq recently: (Please share it with your friends and compare it to the version that your paper is producing.)

* O ver 400,000 kids have up-to-date immunizations.

* School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.

* Over 1,500 schools have been renovated and rid of the weapons stored there so education can occur.

* The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off-loaded from ships faster.

* The country had its first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August.

* Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever in Iraq.

* The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war.

* 100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed, compared to 35% before the war.

* Elections are taking place in every major city, and city councils are in place.

* Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.

* Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.

* Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.

* Over 80,000 Iraq i soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.

* Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.

* Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to prevent the spread of germs.

* An interim constitution has been signed.

* Girls are allowed to attend school.

* Textbooks that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first time in 30 years.

Don't believe for one second that these people do not want us there. I have met many, many people from Iraq that want us there, and in a bad way. They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but they hope their children will. We are doing a good job in Iraq and I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute me on these facts. So If you happen to run into John Kerry, be sure to give him my email address and send him to Denison, Iowa. This soldier will set him straight. If you are like me and very di sgusted with how this period of rebuilding has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let them know there are good things happening.

Ray Reynolds, SFC

Iowa Army National Guard

234th Signal Battalion

Apparently the "dishonest president" is actually losing his "manipulation" battle to the liberal media, because I did not know about ANY of that stuff, but turn on CNN at any moment and get the latest on the mistreated prisoners.

Basically, the FCC and the Democrats are telling us what is best for us.  Are we too stupid to figure it out ourselves?  I know what is offensive to me.  Why can't I be the one to decide what I listen too!  Sorry about the rant.

ps.  sometimes running on 3rd and long surprises the defense and it results in another MEAN GREEN FIRST DOWN!!!!

Huh? It seems to me that so far the FCC is really favoring the conservative side, not the Democrats.

A democrat (at least this democrat) will agree with you; that we as human beings ARE smart enough to figure it out for ourselves. We don't need some rich old WASPs in Washington telling us what we shouldn't hear and see. We do our best to protect our kids, but still teach them to make intelligent decisions so that they CAN when we're not around.

Bigrob, thanks for the word on the video. I definitely plan to avoid seeing it. Just reading a description is bad enough. I don't think it can turn the tide and get W re-elected though. I think it is probably more hurtful to the "cause" than it is justifying. Time will tell.

I don't have kids, but when I do, I certainly will not let them listen to Howard Stern. I also will not let them watch people get shot in the eyeball on CSI. you don't hear the GOP crying about that. What gives?

I've been known to use a 4-letter word here and there (big understatement), but I can turn it off when I need to. I hate it when other people can't. I know my kids will hear that stuff sooner or later, but it's up to me to teach them right and wrong.

Thanks for the candid discussion and the lack of flaming.

If anyone is surprised by Dickey running on 3rd and long, they need to get up earlier in the morning.

Good point Emmit. Also, we are not permitted to see all the American coffins unloaded on the east coast.

We have done some good things in Iraq, and I agree that this does not get enough coverage. But it looks like we are going to be there indefinitely if we are going to sustain it. Pulling out of Iraq on June 30 would be the most irresponsible thing the US has done since, well, since we invaded Iraq in the first place.

So, who do you think our biggest conference contender is this year? I say ASU. unsure.gif

On the same token, emmitt, why do we hear every little thing about every bad thing that happens over there and we don't see much of this:

This is a letter from Ray Reynolds, a medic in the Iowa Army National Guard, serving in Iraq:

As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media. They have done a very poor <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> of covering everything that has happened. I am sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you during my two week leave back home. And just so you can rest at night knowing something is happening in Iraq that is noteworthy, I thought I would pass this on to you. This is the list of things that has happened in Iraq recently: (Please share it with your friends and compare it to the version that your paper is producing.)

* O ver 400,000 kids have up-to-date immunizations.

* School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.

* Over 1,500 schools have been renovated and rid of the weapons stored there so education can occur.

* The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off-loaded from ships faster.

* The country had its first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August.

* Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever in Iraq.

* The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war.

* 100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed, compared to 35% before the war.

* Elections are taking place in every major city, and city councils are in place.

* Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.

* Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.

* Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.

* Over 80,000 Iraq i soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.

* Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.

* Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to prevent the spread of germs.

* An interim constitution has been signed.

* Girls are allowed to attend school.

* Textbooks that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first time in 30 years.

Don't believe for one second that these people do not want us there. I have met many, many people from Iraq that want us there, and in a bad way. They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but they hope their children will. We are doing a good job in Iraq and I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute me on these facts. So If you happen to run into John Kerry, be sure to give him my email address and send him to Denison, Iowa. This soldier will set him straight. If you are like me and very di sgusted with how this period of rebuilding has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let them know there are good things happening.

Ray Reynolds, SFC

Iowa Army National Guard

234th Signal Battalion

Apparently the "dishonest president" is actually losing his "manipulation" battle to the liberal media, because I did not know about ANY of that stuff, but turn on CNN at any moment and get the latest on the mistreated prisoners.

Wow! I didn't know all of this great stuff was happening. I also didn't know that a medic from Iowa would be privvy to things that are happening all across Iraq and not just where he is stationed...unless of course he was given these "numbers" for a reason. I wonder, is there a media conglomerate so liberal and so powerful that they could control all facts, all photos, and give them a liberal spin? The "liberal media" idea is about as tired and wrongheaded as the idea that the entire Republican party is controlled by the conservative christian coalition...either way it's a way to paint facts with a tainted brush.

I think all of these things are great...and as long as we keep our soldiers there things will continue to be great. Unless, though, some of our soldiers take up permanent residence there things will not stay this way. The stability of the middle east cannot be achieved and maintained in a few years...when Bush says "we will stay as long as it takes" just understand that this statement is open ended for a reason.

And, again, our current regime...I mean administration, my bad...wants to bury their every mistake around election time for what reason?

Uh, I have a question about the Pearl Jam cd. I could've swore they played "Rats" and it's not on the cd.

Things I remember about that night-

I got stood up by this girl and went alone.

Lines were ridiculously long for beer.

I like BH Surfers but they were horrible that night.

Vedder was pretty drunk after drinking a two liter bottle filled with wine onstage.

It was pretty cool when that guy picked up Vedder and carried him around while he sang some song. Actually Eddie crawled on top of the guy.

Crowd was pretty intense on the floor so I watched the show from the seats. The Super Pit was cut in half length-wise so everybody had a pretty good seat. That $%## missed a great show.

"Why were images of a plane flying into the world trade center shown over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over while images of American attrocities against Iraqi detainees were originally suppressed? "

Actually the major stations took the images of the airplanes hitting the buildings off the about a week after it happened and you still don't see them that often. They didn't want to keep bringing back the anger that sadness over and over.......it was to help us get over it.

And the 2nd point about the American atrocities against detainees is a little off. The images weren't being suppressed because there was some kind of cover up going on. They weren't shown because they didn't want to further enflame the situation over there and make it worse........which it did. The military was handling it and is still handling it, and I don't know that the release of the photos has done anything good for anyone.

Maybe it's because I'm a history major, but every major conflict in our history has had atrocities in it. In WWII US soldiers executed Japanese POW's. This didn't come out until after the war and that seemed to work. The people that cut off the head of Berg said it was a direct result of what was going on in the prison. If the photos hadn't come out he might still be alive (maybe not, but we'll never know).

The argument that Iraq had nothing to do with September 11th is also frustrating. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Saddam had ties with terrorists. Heck he was even paying the families of Palestinian suicide bombers and was hosting terror training camps in northern Iraq. You're fooling yourself if you think he didn't know they were there. No one is claiming that he was responsible for September 11th except people opposed to the war. he did have ties to terror groups (maybe not al qaeda), he did have a WMD program (he killed his own people with them), EVERYONE's intelligence agencies thought he had them still. If he gave them up why was it so difficult for him to prove that? Libya did it and it took about 2 weeks. Iraq had over 11 years and was still being very secretive about everything.

Sorry to rant on the football board.

GMG!!!!!

I do not think we should be in Iraq.

I do not KNOW the REAL reason we are there.

I do not think another American should die over in Iraq.

I think that if the al-queda or whoever is going to kill our innocent civilians then we should continue to abuse the Prisoners!

I think George W. Bush should be put on trial for his crimes against humanity.

I think we all have a right to an opinion because this is the United States of America!