Rick Villarreal leaving UNT is a change desperately needed

Skipper

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Not that it matters now, but I'm willing to bet no one in the NT Daily know about or remember..(how could they, they were still in grade school)..that Dr. Battialle and the university administration intentionally kept RV away from the campaign on campus to build Apogee.  All he was allowed to participate in was give tours of Fouts to students already interested in replacing it.

Rick

That I did not know. The times I spoke with him I got the impression he was leading the charge.

I remember there was a big push by some in the student government, including one from this board. And the vote went well. But I don't really know the story leading up to these events. If you have time, I'd love it if you could PM me the story. Also anything you know about the circumstances from Mac's last season. I know good and well he was on his way out before Portland State ever landed in Texas. Thanks for any information you can share.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

That I did not know. The times I spoke with him I got the impression he was leading the charge.

I remember there was a big push by some in the student government, including one from this board. And the vote went well. But I don't really know the story leading up to these events. If you have time, I'd love it if you could PM me the story. Also anything you know about the circumstances from Mac's last season. I know good and well he was on his way out before Portland State ever landed in Texas. Thanks for any information you can share.

Lets just say the word was he was more interested in a certain tailgate activity than coaching football. 

His staff's refusal to recruit shows they just gave up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Lets just say the word was he was more interested in a certain tailgate activity than coaching football. 

His staff's refusal to recruit shows they just gave up. 

I've heard people speculate about that, but I'm still waiting to hear the facts surrounding his last 5 games.

• Upvote 1