New Orleans Saints Undrafted Rookie Profile: Cyril Lemon

Harry

Call him Protectus Availabus

Offensive guard Cyril Lemon has never missed a game on the North Texas Mean Green football team

Call him Displacus Katrinus

Lemon, his mother, aunt and grandmother started an exodus with their church as Hurricane Katrina bore down on New Orleans’ Ninth Ward.  For forty days they roamed the Texas landscape until they settled in Marble Falls, Texas.

“It was an unsettling time,” said June Lemon, Cyril’s mother. “We had to trust in God because we didn’t know where we were going to land.”

“The journey showed me that life is going to throw you curves,” Lemon said. “How you handle it creates the person you are. The people who experienced Katrina either elevated themselves or went lower. The challenges in life bring out the best in you. I wouldn’t be where I’m at if it wasn’t for Katrina.”  To him, the Ninth Ward …  “It wasn’t like the suburbs,” Lemon said. “It wasn’t magnificent, but it was nice.”

“Cyril used football as an outlet,” said Monique Breaux, Lemon’s aunt. “He was uprooted from all he knew. He thought when he left New Orleans that he would get to see his friends again. He used football to express his emotions on the field.”

Read more:  http://whodatdish.com/2015/05/12/new-orleans-saints-undrafted-rookie-profile-cyril-lemon/

Marble Falls has a Cajun Food restaurant run by a family that was displace by Hurricane Katrina also.  Wonder if Cyril was part of that same group.  BTW, the food is pretty good too!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealNewOrleansStyleRestaurant

​I live in Marble Falls. Cyril's mother actually works at the restaurant and loves to talk about him!

• Upvote 2