This year's Mean Green Club gift came in the mail today

oldguystudent

ITT: Pardon me for not having previously possessed a frame of any kind and being somewhat happy to receive this one. I shall forward your ire to the proper authorities.

This kinda reminds me of my very first UNT game ever with my then seven-year-old child. We knew nothing of UNT, I hadn't started any classes yet. We saw a sign at Walgreen's, so we stopped in and bought a couple t-shirts and a hat. Jesus June Jones on a flaming barbed pogo stick coated in vaseline, you'd have thought we were exhuming and raping the five hooker ghosts of Craig James! The logos were wrong! The colors were wrong! I probably showed up in pictures on gmg.com that night for being so out of date and awkward looking, as is the common practice most times anybody shows up at a game and doesn't fit the rank and file.

Edited by oldguystudent

I like my metal one better

Plus I like the chrome North Texas emblem they sent some time back

Mine broke and fell off my car two days after I stuck it on. It looked nice and kinda felt like a cool situational metaphor.

I meant poor because you buy your clothes at Walgreens.

That would have been a very accurate description at the time. I'd taken the leap, quit my job, started school, gotten kicked to the curb by the blushing bride, and hadn't yet found the part-time employment that carried me through. I think I spent $20 on my kid's ticket that day after fees and whatnot, and it was painful to do so.

That would have been a very accurate description at the time. I'd taken the leap, quit my job, started school, gotten kicked to the curb by the blushing bride, and hadn't yet found the part-time employment that carried me through. I think I spent $20 on my kid's ticket that day after fees and whatnot, and it was painful to do so.

Sounds like the typical SMU story.