No donations From Mattress Mack anytime soon

golfingomez

He was quoted in the story that he didn't have an insurance policy on it.

I would be surprised if he didn't hedge his bets with insurance or some other tactic. I wonder if he could have bet $4 million in Vegas on the Astros to win more than 63 games.

$4 million in furniture only costs him 50 percent of that, according to a story I read on his Super Bowl promotion. So it's really a $2 million cost and he's getting lots of free promotion for his business.

It's a shame his love for UNT athletics was about his love for Darrel Dickey. We could use a stinkin' rich alum who likes to write seven-figure checks.

Actually, he didn't have insurance on the Super Bowl bet either, and these bets have actually raised his profit margins. Sure the initial hit is tough, but the influx of profit share goes through the roof. Make no mistake: Mattress Mack is one of the best businessmen in Texas and knows how to generate hype and talk about his business. Also, his loyalty to the city of Houston athletic programs is phenomenal. Truly one of the great Houstonians.

• Upvote 3