Former PET guard Hakeem Baxter set to transfer

University of Maryland Eastern Shore freshman guard Hakeem Baxter announced on twitter Monday that he has been released from his scholarship and will transfer.

Now that he has been granted his release, Baxter feels as though he has proved himself in his first collegiate season that he can play against higher competition at the Division I level.

“I think I can play in a higher conference, I want to play in a higher conference,” Baxter said.

That thinking falls in line with the schools that have contacted him. Since announcing that he will transfer, Baxter says he has heard from UAB, North Texas and Colorado State. UAB and North Texas are current members of Conference USA, while the Rams call the Mountain West Conference their home.

read more: http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/05/former-pet-guard-baxter-set-to-transfer/

University of Maryland Eastern Shore freshman guard Hakeem Baxter announced on twitter Monday that he has been released from his scholarship and will transfer.

Now that he has been granted his release, Baxter feels as though he has proved himself in his first collegiate season that he can play against higher competition at the Division I level.

“I think I can play in a higher conference, I want to play in a higher conference,” Baxter said.

That thinking falls in line with the schools that have contacted him. Since announcing that he will transfer, Baxter says he has heard from UAB, North Texas and Colorado State. UAB and North Texas are current members of Conference USA, while the Rams call the Mountain West Conference their home.

read more: http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/05/former-pet-guard-baxter-set-to-transfer/

Benny's going after /sarcasm/ True /sarcasm/ talent.

This kid was a starter on the worst team in the MEAC. Should fit right in at NT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1