Benford scouting

TheNewEra

Coach Benford showed up at my alma mater's game last night to scout I'm guessing, but I have no clue who he was there to see. It was a two a game and the teams playing didn't have one player above a one star caliber. There was a kid on the opposing team who was 6'6 probably that had maybe 8 Pts & 5 rebounds.. He was awful so if we are recruiting kids that bad I have little hope in Benford

• Upvote 4

Coach Benford showed up at my alma mater's game last night to scout I'm guessing, but I have no clue who he was there to see. It was a two a game and the teams playing didn't have one player above a one star caliber. There was a kid on the opposing team who was 6'6 probably that had maybe 8 Pts & 5 rebounds.. He was awful so if we are recruiting kids that bad I have little hope in Benford

what teams were playing?

I mean, he's 6'8. Doesn't even mean he is going to offer but it couldn't hurt to check him out. Good to cover all the bases when recruiting.

Couldn't agree more. You can never have enough size IMO. Riggins is just a junior so maybe he's still raw as a player.

Benford scouts AAU ball pretty hard (at least that's what he said at the Coach's caravan last spring when I asked him about recruiting) so maybe he noticed the kid in one of those games and saw something he liked there.

Edited by meangreen15