Yahoo! Bowl Projections- UNT left home

Green Nightmare

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/

On January 1st, 2013, the closest available weather station to Dallas, TX (DALLAS LOVE FIELD, TX), reported the following conditions:

High Temp: 50F Low Temp: 39F Average Temp: 44.4F Dewpoint: 38.7F Wind Speed: 7.6 Knots Precipitation Amount: 0.26 Inches Snow Depth: n/a Observations: Rain/Drizzle

On January 1st, 2012, the closest available weather station to Dallas, TX (DALLAS LOVE FIELD, TX), reported the following conditions:

High Temp: 66.9F Low Temp: 39.9F Average Temp: 53.4F Dewpoint: 31.6F Wind Speed: 9.2 Knots Precipitation Amount: 0 Inches Snow Depth: n/a Observations: n/a On January 1st, 2011, the closest available weather station to Dallas, TX (DALLAS LOVE FIELD, TX), reported the following conditions: High Temp: 51.1F Low Temp: 30.9F Average Temp: 40.3F Dewpoint: 14.2F Wind Speed: 7.4 Knots Precipitation Amount: 0.06 Inches Snow Depth: n/a Observations: n/a

On January 1st, 2010, the closest available weather station to Dallas, TX (DALLAS LOVE FIELD, TX), reported the following conditions:

High Temp: 51.8F Low Temp: 28.4F Average Temp: 37F Dewpoint: 27.5F Wind Speed: 5.5 Knots Precipitation Amount: 0.09 Inches Snow Depth: n/a Observations:

Rain/Drizzle

On January 1st, 2009, the closest available weather station to Dallas, TX (DALLAS LOVE FIELD, TX), reported the following conditions:

High Temp: 66.2F Low Temp: 37.4F Average Temp: 47.4F Dewpoint: 29.5F Wind Speed: 8.7 Knots Precipitation Amount: 0 Inches Snow Depth: n/a Observations: n/a

Then just maybe an Indian Summer Day in Dallas on January 1, 2014? One can wish.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

To those of us on this board who were close to the scene back in that day we can (to the person) assure you that Hayden Fry did not turn down an Indy' Bowl invite because you can't turn one down that was never offered.

To those saying he did: Why would Fry have turned down an invitation to any bowl game during an era when there were so few bowl games to begin with? 5 of Fry's Mean Green football teams would have gone to bowl games with all the bowls we have today and the criteria to get in a bowl. (Did you know that Fry once took a 4 & 6 SMU team to a bowl game)?

Still.........that same Fall in Ruston, North Texas had kicked La Tech's butt 2 to 3 weeks before the Indy Bowl would be played and beat the Bulldogs (at their place) to the tune of 41 to 14 (or some score like that);

Also, North Texas (not La Tech) had been ranked in a Top 20 poll that same season as I recall. IMO, it was just more Huey Long style crooked Louisiana politics (which seem to have made a come-back today nationally) which took over with the Indy Bowl officials creating a scenario as to where a much better North Texas Mean Green football team would not get the bowl invite..

If it was a matter that Indy' Bowl officials didn't think we would travel many fans then our 20,000 Mean Green fans we took to UT the Fall prior would have eliminated that idea. Easy to see why Fry would pack and leave after the next season. Not many years ago he said he'd even stayed at North Texas had only his teams been rewarded with bowl games. Well, let me think on that one a bit? :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Not only did he not turn it down, he lobbied hard for it.

I remember him WANTING it. I also remember him commenting on not getting it as a reason for leaving - that the deck was just too stacked against NT at the time and the administration wasn't doing enough to fight that. Of course I could be remembering wrong on that point!

Politics, my dear friends, politics. We don't have it and some of the other also rans do. I mentioned earlier that SMU will do all they can to keep us out of their local bowl...believe it or not. I would not be surprised if we are left out, although I cannot imagine Rice being much of a player. Anyway, brace for disappointment or be delighted if we get into a bowl. Hayden Fry could not get us in a bowl in the 70's and we stayed home, although there were a lot less bowl games.

Remember SMU is always the enemy except to closet SMU fan Grey Eagle!