Tough times on The Hilltop

Harry

Too true. Everything from the boulevarding all the way to the band uniforms screams exclusivity to the average Dallas-ite and they likely don't want anything to do with it. Even more if they have a degree not from SMU or no degree at all.

Too true to you too, meangreendork. SMU used to fill the Cotton Bowl when Dallas was 1/4 of its present size and most of those fans had no degree from SMU or anywhere else. The last coach who made a concentrated effort to win back Dallas fans was Hayden Fry and that was a long, long time ago.

• Upvote 1

I have always been a UNT football fan and make most home games, but that alumni center next to the stadium is a joke, its a tool shed with a bathroom, hardly anyone is ever in there. if you ask me, the school needs to turn the alumni center around on game day, make it a place that every alum wants to visit on game day, free drinks and food, shake hands with former players, and the check books will come out.

The alumni pavilion is okay.

So true. I love the idea of the alumni pavilion, but they need to correct some issues. For instance, I went in there prior to the Idaho game. It was hotter in there than outside due to the crowd. I would love to see this expanded and enclosed with air conditioning for the games early in the year when the heat can be brutal and then host post game events with possibly a live call-in show or something. There are many that have worked very hard on making the pavilion a success and I applaud their efforts and the work they have put in, but some changes could make this the place to be before and after each home game.

In the meantime they could at least put an awning over the patio. It is unbearable out there at the beginning of the season.

No more misting towers for any of you.

----

You want an actual awning by the way? Chalk up the money to do so. Here's a hint: it would cost more than you would think.

Christopher, I appreciate all the hard work you have put in to making the alumni pavilion a success. I think you have done a fantastic job, but wouldn't it make your job much nicer if there was some additional shade and AC. I realize it costs money. Where does the money from beer sales go besides paying staff?

• Upvote 1

No more misting towers for any of you.

----

You want an actual awning by the way? Chalk up the money to do so. Here's a hint: it would cost more than you would think.

Ok then umbrellas over the tables would do. As it is, no one uses the patio until October.