Options for a Ticket Forgetter

Mean Green 93-98

Have any of you ever forgotten tickets for a game? I now have. My tickets for tomorrow's game at Tulsa are sitting 9 hours away from me right now. I'm not sure what to do--I'd have them sent Saturday delivery, but I'll need to leave here (Arlington) probably before they could get here. I'd have them sent to will call at Tulsa, but that's a big assumption to assume someone would process their mail and get it to them on Saturday. I'd just buy more tickets, but at $150 total, that's a bit to swallow, especially knowing it's going entirely to fund a defecting program. Or is there some way to simply tell them I've already bought my tickets and apply them?

Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

Try calling the Tulsa athletic administration number (it's on their site). They were very helpful when I called about another matter. Did you get actual tickets sent to you or did you print them off? Is someone back home able to copy them or scan them and send via email? Assuming Tulsa uses a bar code system, that might be an option as well? Where is "9 hours away"?

• Upvote 1

If you bought them from UNT ticket office and you have an account with them, I think there is a decent chance they could reissue to you at Tulsa. My guess is that is not policy and would take some pleading on your part. I have often wondered what I/they would do if I left my tickets in Houston. Please report back what comes of this as I would love to know for the future. Good luck.

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for chiming in, guys.

Try calling the Tulsa athletic administration number (it's on their site). They were very helpful when I called about another matter.

I've been trying to call their ticket office. I guess they're not open today? It kind of makes sense the day after Thanksgiving, but it doesn't make sense at all the day before a game. I don't see another number on their site, but I'll try to browse around a little more.

Did you get actual tickets sent to you or did you print them off? Is someone back home able to copy them or scan them and send via email? Assuming Tulsa uses a bar code system, that might be an option as well?

I had actual tickets sent. I can have my secretary scan and e-mail them, if that will work. That's a pretty good idea.

Where is "9 hours away"?

Arkansas, about 3 hours north of Little Rock.

If you bought them from UNT ticket office and you have an account with them, I think there is a decent chance they could reissue to you at Tulsa. My guess is that is not policy and would take some pleading on your part. I have often wondered what I/they would do if I left my tickets in Houston. Please report back what comes of this as I would love to know for the future. Good luck.

Yes, I bought them through the UNT Ticket Office, but I'm not getting anyone there, either. Day off?

If all else fails you might be able to pick up two outaide the stadium for well under fsce.

Also Tulsa alumni group probably has some donated tickets at their office if they are like most schools.

Couple of options, hopefully.

I'd need 5 tickets, but it's a thought.

I forgot my season tickets at Fouts once. They reprinted them at the ticket office for me. You have quite a few more variables to deal with, but reprinting college football tickets at the ticket office on game day is not unprecedented.

Thanks. I'm not able to get hold of anyone, so what I think I'll do is have the tickets scanned and e-mailed to me, print it out, and see what we can do on Saturday. I'd like to have something a little more definite going in, but your situation gives me hope that we can get it to work.

If you know the Section Number, Row, and specific Seats and the tickets have not been scanned into the game already (ie used) - which they can't have been used since they're 9 hours away - then the Tulsa ticket office can reprint them. In effect the re-printing deactivates the original ticket bar codes and issues new bar codes - that's why the tickets can't have been used. Since you already have a picture of the tickets, it will be really easy for you to prove to them that they're your seats. You should have ZERO problems. I bet they'll print your tickets in two seconds once you go up to their office tomorrow. If for some reason you do run into problems, seek out the North Texas Will Call at the stadium and speak to one of our ticket folks. If I were you, I wouldn't worry at all

• Upvote 2

Have them sent to

. . .

I'll leave them on the porch. We are two blocks from the stadium.

Hey, Shane--thanks for the offer. I would have jumped on that a couple of hours ago. But 10 o'clock was a key time to get it in by to get it in time. I think I'm going to try what I mentioned above. I really appreciate it, though.

If you know the Section Number, Row, and specific Seats and the tickets have not been scanned into the game already (ie used) - which they can't have been used since they're 9 hours away - then the Tulsa ticket office can reprint them. In effect the re-printing deactivates the original ticket bar codes and issues new bar codes - that's why the tickets can't have been used. Since you already have a picture of the tickets, it will be really easy for you to prove to them that they're your seats. You should have ZERO problems. I bet they'll print your tickets in two seconds once you go up to their office tomorrow. If for some reason you do run into problems, seek out the North Texas Will Call at the stadium and speak to one of our ticket folks. If I were you, I wouldn't worry at all

Thanks a bunch.

• Upvote 1

Got a text into the ticket manager's fiancé. I'll let you know if he has any recs for you if I can.

I appreciate it. I received a PM from someone with the ticket office who saw this thread. He said I should be O.K. This is apparently not an uncommon situation.

Doesn't keep me from feeling like a knucklehead, though.

For anyone curious as to how things worked out on this. . . . I had someone scan and e-mail my tickets to me, and I printed that out. I showed up at the Tulsa ticket office and they told me to bring my printout to the gate to see if they would scan, and if not, they would print out a second set of tickets for me. But they scanned just fine at the gate, and the lady who scanned them was saying how much easier it was to scan them that way. I think I even may have had options without the printout, but that might have been a little dicey.

I'm not recommending that anyone forgets their tickets in the future, but at least you can know you don't have to panic if you do.

• Upvote 2