Jordan Harris Copiah Lincoln (MS) JUCO LB

ntmeangreen11

His size and speed immediately made me think "safety". Then I thought of WIll Wright who came here as a safety and is now our strong side linebacker. In our scheme our strong side linebacker has to play the run but also has to be able to cover slot receivers and defend the pass. This kid looks like he may be able to fill that role.

I don't know he led the nation in tackles last season, has 7 FBS offers and is 6'2 225, he's a linebacker through and through to me. We are obviously trying to bring in one JUCO LB maybe two in this class given all the offers at that position. I have no inside source but I think we have a real good shot at landing Akii Smith of NEO.

With losing 2 LB's it looks like Mac want's to bring in an upperclassman, as we do have some other good LB's but they're young. Although it does make me wonder about Anthony Wallace. You never know what you're getting in a transfer.

The thing I like about Wallace is that he didn't redshirt at Oregon. Maybe he didn't start as a freshman or sophomore, but he was good enough to not be so buried on the depth chart that he wasn't redshirted by default.

Look at Pegram and Trice. They were in a similar situation. They weren't starters but they were good enough to play and see the field as true freshman and sophomores. Our big school transfers who didn't work out were usually redshirted as freshman from whatever big school they came from simply because they were buried as freshman and continued to be buried the rest of their career. I.E. Stradford

Edited by BillySee58

Agree with you, I think that Wallace will end up being a stud, but you always have that little bit of worry in the back of your mind. Just went back and looked at his rivals profile. He was basically offered by anyone and everyone, rated 4* 5.8. Blue chip size and strength. I think he should slide in well to Orr's spot. Then you have Akunne on one side and I suppose Sed Ellis on the other

Agree with you, I think that Wallace will end up being a stud, but you always have that little bit of worry in the back of your mind. Just went back and looked at his rivals profile. He was basically offered by anyone and everyone, rated 4* 5.8. Blue chip size and strength. I think he should slide in well to Orr's spot. Then you have Akunne on one side and I suppose Sed Ellis on the other

Yeah, and then when you see that Rivals ranking and such you can't help but hype him up in your mind. But he seems really involved in beyond the green. He's always peeking in on the defensive huddles on the sidelines in between series. It should be a fun competition in spring to replace Orr between Fred Scott and Wallace. Scott isn't a slouch either.

Yeah, and then when you see that Rivals ranking and such you can't help but hype him up in your mind. But he seems really involved in beyond the green. He's always peeking in on the defensive huddles on the sidelines in between series. It should be a fun competition in spring to replace Orr between Fred Scott and Wallace. Scott isn't a slouch either.

I would think that Akunne would be a candidate to slide into the starting middle role. That's where he originally played, but Zach obviously had that spot locked up....so since the coaches wanted to make sure our 2nd best LB saw the field, they moved him to the outside.

I would think that Akunne would be a candidate to slide into the starting middle role. That's where he originally played, but Zach obviously had that spot locked up....so since the coaches wanted to make sure our 2nd best LB saw the field, they moved him to the outside.

That's possible too. Based on Mac's recruiting he wants his OLB's to be fast and cover a lot of space and his MLB's to be big thumpers. Akunne has cut weight and gained a lot of speed and agility since getting here so he's suited well to play both. Wallace is basically the epitome of a thumper.

• 3 weeks later...