Setting up your personal icon (avatar)

Harry

click on: Your control panel

on the left hand side click on: under Your personal proflile click on "edit avatar settings"

at this point you can use one of the preloaded avatars on the pre-installed avatars or

enter your own by a) using an image off of the internet

enter your own by browsing and selecting an image off of your harddrive.

once you have done one of these options just click add this avatar to my profile

Don't worry about the sizes....leave that blank.

You should be in business!

let's see if mine works......wink.gif

and don't gripe about the colors either, I put my say in it, and I wanted less red and more of other colors. <_< At least when we take this flag, we'll be flying the UNT (not the Texas flag) right above it.

Grayeagle this board is a work in progress. Suggestions are welcomed and we will try to implement the good ones when we can. I know that the team icons were a popular feature on the other board and we are looking at that. I think we will be able to do something perhaps not as many team profiles as before but some perhaps. Right now setting a team icon as an avatar is a lot easier than it was before so I hope fans will use this feature in the interim.

Harry

This is great but I will wait till you get the team icons for North Texas up. There are several that I like but choosing which one is like a kid in a candy store. In 71 there was the white football with curved NT and the T dividing the N. In the Hayden Fry era there was the flying worm. In the Rick V era there is the script North Texas. Outside the team icons is the Texas Flag in green & white. rolleyes.gif

The avantars look much better if you edit the photo to 64x64 (because tags don't have to be used causing image distortion). Also be careful about linking your avantar from another website, because everytime your logo loads it is using bandwidth from another website (most sites won't allow that to happen for very long before they start getting pissed off).

• 4 weeks later...

I got the following error even after multiple attempts, help! I've seen it all over the board so it shouldn't be that big a deal. I'm trying to use the Interlocking NT w Star but got the following:

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem