Rice Owls PreGame North Texas Thread

Harry

(10-28-2013 11:09 AM)wrysal Wrote:

If Chancellor is their best receiver I hope our coaches learned from the Greenberry disaster and move either Gaines or Callahan in to cover him when he lines up in the slot.

Rice deployed this approach vs. FAU the week after UH. Alternatively moving either Gaines or Callahan into the slot if FAU moved one of their top 2 receivers in from outside. Seemed to work pretty well. But our slot coverage in general has been more sound since UH.

Looking for a weakness in North Texas there aren't many to be found. One thing would be that their QB has pretty consistently thrown an INT or two. Our DBs need to be ready to capitalize should opportunities come along because doing so may be the difference in what should be a close game.

(This post was last modified: Today 05:21 PM by talon owl.)

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=657150

If we're favored by 3...isn't that usually the home field advantage? If so then we're basically considered even with them. On the other hand, Apogee does seem to have a better home field advantage than others, so I hope you guys bring a lot of friends and make it freaking LOUD. This is such a huge game, I'm super nervous. I wish it was tomorrow already because I don't think I'll sleep much tonight.

Odd Arizona stat: every UNT game I've seen out here on TV and watched with my whole family...we've won. So I think I should make them trick-or-treat at halftime and hurry back quickly.

For fun and reference, here's what the model above predicts for our season (8-3):

Jz18N2h.png

That Tulane game... :growl:

Kind of fun to play with this thing.

Heart of Dallas Bowl (homefield advantage)

UNT vs. Iowa = L, 7-12

UNT vs. Northwestern = W, 26-14

No UTSA since they're not listed in the overall rankings, at least that I can find.

Edited by ColoradoEagle