Best in Texas Poll

JRock

Sure, but how in the world is UNT behind SMU

A part of old Dallas gets all panicky when they sense North Texas is fixin' to pass their darlings and starts getting all this positive media pub we've been getting of late. (BTW, I'm watching the North Texas/La Tech replay on CBSS as I post).

Hey! Allow even this Belo property to have an occasional brain fart with their poorly thought out overall rankings this week. (And come on, Vito, help us out, Man! :) Do us some old fashioned LBJ-style politickin' with your Belo buds for the team who gives you a reason to write and collect a paycheck).

THIS: We are "not" behind SMU and many from SMU even know that by now.

SMU would spend most of their season in a MASH unit if they had to play this Mean Green football team.

SMU still gets the "local darllings" vote from the old nostalgic SWC crowd, too.

To Usurp SMU Do This: Win! Recruit! Win! Recruit! Win! Recruit!

GMG!

PS: How's bout' this: If we get a bowl and we don't get Iowa, how's 'bout an SMU matchup (assuming SMU becomes bowl elgible)? :) I think SMU fans would come out of the woodwork for this kind a matchup--even against their country cuzzin's from Denton County. They'd love to kick our butts as much as we would theirs.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The loss at Tulane hurt us in several ways. A win there and we'd need only one more win to be bowl eligible (5-2). We 'd be leading the CUSA west now. And, I bet, we'd be just outside a top 25 ranking. A very costly loss in a game we shoulda, coulda, woulda won.

Beat Southern Miss. Then beat the rest.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

The loss at Tulane hurt us in several ways. A win there and we'd need only one more win to be bowl eligible (5-2). We 'd be leading the CUSA west now. And, I bet, we'd be just outside a top 25 ranking. A very costly loss in a game we shoulda, coulda, woulda won.

Beat Southern Miss. Then beat the rest.

GO MEAN GREEN

Yes, the lost to Tulane continues to really hurt us.