Basketball Recruiting Notes--Vito

GreenBat

Except for that one guy who brought Tony Mitchell here.

North Texas was headed up, when Tony Mitchell came to UNT. I think we all can agree that is not the case after last year. I'll stand by the statement.

• Upvote 2

North Texas was headed up, when Tony Mitchell came to UNT. I think we all can agree that is not the case after last year. I'll stand by the statement.

Maybe you have your tongue-in-cheek and I missed it, but a 0-star recruit VS a 5-star recruit?? headed up, down, or sideways... one of the two is a once-in-a-lifetime get.

Maybe you have your tongue-in-cheek and I missed it, but a 0-star recruit VS a 5-star recruit?? headed up, down, or sideways... one of the two is a once-in-a-lifetime get.

So much to say about potential unrealized.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm confused. Are you talking about the coach?

No. Kram has made it known on multiple occasions through thinly-veiled criticisms that last years failures were due to the players not playing up to their "full potential", particularly Tony Mitchell. And he has hung TM multiple times based on a comment he made during the NBA combines where NBA execs were watching with a sharp eye. It's all been hashed over a million times. How could you forget?

• Upvote 2

No. Kram has made it known on multiple occasions through thinly-veiled criticisms that last years failures were due to the players not playing up to their "full potential", particularly Tony Mitchell. And he has hung TM multiple times based on a comment he made during the NBA combines where NBA execs were watching with a sharp eye. It's all been hashed over a million times. How could you forget?

Well, someone gets it. I take people at their word, especially when it counts...like talking to teams who may pay you big bucks to play a game. Those folks are serious and cannot afford to pay for lack of effort and potential not realized due to lack of effort. It was the right thing for TM to do...truth is not easy for some folks (are you listening UNT90?) to handle. Does not make TM any less of a player nor any less of a potential NBA all-star, but it will take playing every game hard, not taking any plays off and developing that potential that he clearly said was what he did not do his last season at UNT. And, if you think other players did not follow his lead last season at UNT you are a very very naive individual. Couple this with a newly minted head coach, clearly trying to find his way as a D-1 HC, and you have a season like we all experienced last season. It is no slam on anyone, it is simply the facts of a "lost" season. It happens, the world still spins and the sun still shines. And, a new season will start soon...as it will the next year and the next and the next. Let's hope that everyone from player to coaching staff decides to be a team and operate on the same page this season. If they do, my bet with UNT90 is the pure definition of a slam dunk!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well, someone gets it. I take people at their word, especially when it counts...like talking to teams who may pay you big bucks to play a game. Those folks are serious and cannot afford to pay for lack of effort and potential not realized due to lack of effort. It was the right thing for TM to do...truth is not easy for some folks (are you listening UNT90?) to handle. Does not make TM any less of a player nor any less of a potential NBA all-star, but it will take playing every game hard, not taking any plays off and developing that potential that he clearly said was what he did not do his last season at UNT. And, if you think other players did not follow his lead last season at UNT you are a very very naive individual. Couple this with a newly minted head coach, clearly trying to find his way as a D-1 HC, and you have a season like we all experienced last season. It is no slam on anyone, it is simply the facts of a "lost" season. It happens, the world still spins and the sun still shines. And, a new season will start soon...as it will the next year and the next and the next. Let's hope that everyone from player to coaching staff decides to be a team and operate on the same page this season. If they do, my bet with UNT90 is the pure definition of a slam dunk!

I certainly hope you're right. And either way it goes (good or bad), one of us will be shocked next year. I hope it's me.

If only you held our coach as accountable as you held the players.

But, I guess motivation and teaching isn't Benford's responsibility.

Or is it just more fun to blame players and note completely unrelated, off the court normal college activity as a reason for last year's disaster (those rumors sourced to the AD were disgusting).

For some, Benford will never have any culpability in last year's disaster, simply because that is what the AD wants.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

If only you held our coach as accountable as you held the players.

But, I guess motivation and teaching isn't Benford's responsibility.

Or is it just more fun to blame players and note completely unrelated, off the court normal college activity as a reason for last year's disaster (those rumors sourced to the AD were disgusting).

For some, Benford will never have any culpability in last year's disaster, simply because that is what the AD wants.

Man, you are a tad Kate with this. Did you even read the post, and even try to understand it? Doubtful from your response.