UNT vs. Ball State Cardinals Free Pick 9/14/13

Harry

I don't always look at the number as the end all for games because they were deceiving in the Mean Green's 27-21 defeat at Ohio. The Bobcats outgained UNT 442-299, but the bend but don't break defense of North Texas looked bad on one 75 yard touchdown throw. The offense not only struggled to move the ball consistently on 4-14 on third down conversions, but could not move the ball on the ground with only 104 yards on 38 carries. The air was a bit more friendly, with Derek Thompson going 19-29 for 195 yards with a pair of scoring tosses but his two picks were killers with one was returned for a Bobcats score. The bottom line was the Mean Green need to run the ball to maximize their chances of success.

This should be interesting, but I like what I see from Ball State with Wenning under center, although at some point the Cardinals need to run the ball...

Mark's Pick: Ball State -1

Read more: http://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2013/09/14/north-texas-mean-green-vs.-ball-state-cardinals-free-pick