NCAA Football 2014

EAGLE83

NCAA ends deal with EA sports. Last year for the game.

Incorrect. As more and more individuals are figuring out, the NCAA is not exactly necessary or even appreciated when it comes to college football anymore.

From their statement that seems correct. EA enters in to contracts with individual universities for the right to use their logo, field, songs, etc.. and NCAA terminating their relationship with NCAA does not effect what the universities can do with EA.

They could go through individual universities, but won't actually need to because of the CLC or Collegiate Licensing Corporation, which bundles such naming rights for all 127 FBS-playing schools at once.

For further takes on why this really is a non-issue, see this article on SBNation.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From their statement that seems correct. EA enters in to contracts with individual universities for the right to use their logo, field, songs, etc.. and NCAA terminating their relationship with NCAA does not effect what the universities can do with EA.

This concerns me. Our beloved University doesn't seem to play nice with things like this. See our fight song as an example.

I'm happy for this. It would be nice to see other developers take a stab at college ball. Look at the NBA 2K games, the best basketball game on the market and one of the best sports games period. EA has been mailing it in for years with their football titles.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2

I'm happy for this. It would be nice to see other developers take a stab at college ball. Look at the NBA 2K games, the best basketball game on the market and one of the best sports games period. EA has been mailing it in for years with their football titles.

the NCAA wont be signing deals with anyone... this current lawsuit puts them in way too much danger of making money right now

the NCAA wont be signing deals with anyone... this current lawsuit puts them in way too much danger of making money right now

But, as I've said before with backup to prove so, the NCAA is not necessary to make the exact game sitting in your PS3s and XBOXs right now. Literally, the only approval necessary is the CLC and otherwise the spare school here and there like Notre Dame.

It really pisses me off that our fight song isn't in it. We have alumni who work on the game which is why Apogee is so incredible and we were in the commercials/trailers last year...which means our administration is the reason. Not laziness or lack of care from EA.

Putting us on the wrong sideline for two straight years is laziness on EA's part
  • Upvote 2

It really pisses me off that our fight song isn't in it. We have alumni who work on the game which is why Apogee is so incredible and we were in the commercials/trailers last year...which means our administration is the reason. Not laziness or lack of care from EA.

Really? So, uh, those mountains in the background... were our alumni just boosting our profile? I wish those mountains actually existed in real life.

• Downvote 1