UNT up to eight TV games

Harry

UNT officials say the additional exposure that television games provide is just one of several ways the move to C-USA will help the program improve.

“We will be on TV a lot more than we ever have before and have access to more bowl games,” UNT athletic director Rick Villlarreal said about the benefits of moving to C-USA. “Those are all things that are important to coaches and to players.”

UNT spent the last 12 seasons as a member of the Sun Belt Conference.

UNT also announced kickoff times for five of its games next season, bringing the total number of game times that have been set to seven.

- See more at: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130613-football-unt-up-to-eight-tv-games.ece#sthash.n2tyjPC9.dpuf

I cut the cable years ago, so I have no idea what any of those channels are. Are most of them included in major cable/dish packages in the region? Are they premium channels? How much exposure does this really get?

It appears all but Comcast are part of the sports package in any cable/satellite deal.

And if a person doesn't own the sports package, they most likely don't watch college football.

• Upvote 1

CUSA
5 years, $35 million, CBS College Sports (through 2016)
5 years, $35 million, Fox (through 2016)
Annual: $14 million
Average Annual per School: $1.17 million

2012 Television Revenue By Conference

http://collegesportsinfo.com/2012/05/10/2012-ncaa-television-revenue-by-conference/

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 3

Did anyone ever think that the Mean Green would be featured on TV 8 time?!

Hopefully this will help us tremendously.

I'm excited too, but more excited about so many afternoon games. I know it may interrupt tailgating for some, but they can return to the hill after the game. Afternoon games should mean more alumni from DFW who don't like to drive on Sat. night. We really do need to use some marketing skills to go after those people.

• Upvote 1

I'm excited too, but more excited about so many afternoon games. I know it may interrupt tailgating for some, but they can return to the hill after the game. Afternoon games should mean more alumni from DFW who don't like to drive on Sat. night. We really do need to use some marketing skills to go after those people.

Good point Ragpicker --- post game tailgating should be much easier I just wonder how long the athletic department will let it go on...they have to cleanup and lock things down. It would be nice to know how long they would allow the tailgaters to stay.

I would think (or hope) a couple of hou

Good point Ragpicker --- post game tailgating should be much easier I just wonder how long the athletic department will let it go on...they have to cleanup and lock things down. It would be nice to know how long they would allow the tailgaters to stay.

I would think, Harry, (or hope} at least a couple of hours after the game.

• Upvote 1