caravan stuff from tonight...i was drinking so it's not complete

THOR

There would always be some who like the weekend dates and some who don't. Don't see the weekend drawing any larger crowds...especially since they would be drawn out over a month or more. Last one of these I attended for "that other school of mine" was also held on a weekday evening. Did not seem to bother that crowd of over 1000.....wonder what the difference is since that university has far far fewer alums in the DFW area than does UNT and the school is some three and a half hours plus away from DFW?

OSU has won big time against people that fans care about, including a Big XII title and wins in their last two bowl games. I am willing to be that a UNT Coaches Caravan would have 1000s, too, if we had beaten Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, K-State, Texas A&M, Stanford, Purdue, Baylor, and others in the last two years. Instead, we have some people who are shocked that 1000s don't show up after we had 9 wins in the last two seasons, with wins against Indiana, Florida Atlantic (twice), Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana-Lafayette, Middle Tennesse, Troy, Texas Southern, and South Alabama. Anyone else see a difference there?

This isn't even comparable.

I'd be willing to bet that attendance at a concert of UNT's music department would crush OSU's though. Scoreboard...

• Upvote 3

I asked Tony about the player from the 70s, it was Earl King. Gene Robbins recruit, played 1 year under Blakely. He is in the record books. Scored 31 vs. Niagara, lead the team in free throw pct. 2 years. He is a PHD now, not sure if it was an MD.

• Upvote 2

They didn't mention specifics...just a combination of our jerseys

Mentioned tonight at the Dallas stop the 100 year uniforms would encompass aspect from 4 key eras. You have to think that would be Fry, Dickey, what else? (Current?)

Hoping that The Worm helmet does come to be. I'd be really disappointed if it didn't. Especially if we ended up doing the crappy Mean Joe era logo instead. I wouldn't mind the script NT either though.

I'll be at the Fort Worth one, I'm planning on asking about apparel. I really want my flying worm shirt. I might ask if they are planning on doing it for the helmet, as well.

I'll post how everything goes tomorrow night or Friday morning.

Edited by meangreener