Not really. If she's fighting in her weight class, then she's just as likely to get her jaw knocked out of place as anyone else. The only reason why gender would ever be a factor in a fight is physical size, and MMA sorts that out just like any other fighting league.

Wait,

Are you saying that a 175 lb female is just as strong as a 175 lb male? Both training at the same frequency?

• Upvote 1

Wait,

Are you saying that a 175 lb female is just as strong as a 175 lb male? Both training at the same frequency?

Depends on the frame. For the sake of ceterus paribus, if we had a thing where a man and woman at 5'9" 120 were put through the same training program, starting at the same fitness level with the same trainers and the same nutrition, they'd probably be about the same strength. I mean, the assumption is that a man and woman of the same weight starting at the same base fitness level and same frame would end up with roughly the same muscle composition and muscle density.

Edited by meangreendork

Depends on the frame. For the sake of ceterus paribus, if we had a thing where a man and woman at 5'9" 120 were put through the same training program, starting at the same fitness level with the same trainers and the same nutrition, they'd probably be about the same strength. I mean, the assumption is that a man and woman of the same weight starting at the same base fitness level and same frame would end up with roughly the same muscle composition and muscle density.

Not going to happen. For example, women do not have the same levels of testosterone as men.

• Upvote 2

Not going to happen. For example, women do not have the same levels of testosterone as men.

You're right and wrong at the same time. My argument was about the same way.

Trained at the same pace, starting at the same fitness level, the male will likely come out stronger at the end of a training period of however many months simply since his hormones will likely get him to 175lbs faster. But if the woman gets enough time to hit 175lbs (which will take a long damn time), she'll probably be the same strength level as the guy at the same weight.

But in the case of Fallon Fox, she's in the right weight class of about 130-150. Idk what her height is, but since she was born a man, she's probably taller than most of the women fighters and that part is probably cheating.

Edited by meangreendork

It would, but it would probably take longer for exactly the reason you stated.

No, it wouldn't.

Do you really think Brittany Griner can play in the NBA? Really?

She would get destroyed in the NBADL or in Europe.

There are basic physiological differences between men and women.

No, it wouldn't.

Do you really think Brittany Griner can play in the NBA? Really?

She would get destroyed in the NBADL or in Europe.

There are basic physiological differences between men and women.

Seems like you're mistaking, "can a woman hit 175lbs of muscle?" with "will every woman hit 175lbs of muscle?" Because the answers are, "yes" and, "no." Could a woman hit that weight? Sure, but she'd be some sort of crazy stats outlier, and be built like a Siberian lumberjack. Will every woman hit that weight? No, hell, not every man will hit that weight.

But none of this really has anything to do with Fox being in her weight class. She's won and been in two fights, one against someone that's 5'2" and one against someone 10lbs lighter. I think she's as likely to get her teeth knocked in as anyone else. Hell, I think the fact she won't try for UFC women's means she doesn't have the skill to win there.

And Griner?

She has the height and weight, but she doesn't have the muscle to keep from being a pinball. I mean, more power if she can do it, but odds aren't really in her favor.

Edited by meangreendork

The ultimate cheater.

This may be the first time in the history of the world that I agree with you.

Situation reminds me of an old saying ---" You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig".

"She" is what "she" was... whether "she" likes it or not. (my opinion)

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1