Benford'd

H-towngreen

I'm just copy and pasting bc it's so much easier rather than type out the same things after every game. So here's a classic from earlier in the season:

What's amazing is just how this team has regressed so much from last season even though we added JW and CJ. People say that JJ didn't "run an offenfensive system". THEN LET'S GO BACK TO THAT!!!! Because whatever the hell Benford is trying to run is obviously not working. Square peg(players) round hole(system). You know what you have the one peg that can't change this season, the players, but you have the chance to change the hole/system to make it work. Figure it out Benford. Sweet jesus this is just infuriating. I've never been so excited for any UNT athletic team as I was for this one headed into the season. We may not win 8 games this year. You can spout off all you want about the players not playing to the system or not buying in or not being smart enough play a sophisticated system or being to "street" to run sets. Fine then. Let's go with any of those reasons/excuses, whatever you want to call them. But look at what this team did last season with less!!! If all JJ did was roll the ball out there and tell them to go play then lets fucking get back to that!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH

GRRRRRRR

URGHGHGHGGHHG

FHFHFBJPODGSKBKJ:DSFBKJ:DFSBKJ:LSDFBKJ:LSDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deep breath

sigh

end of rant

• Upvote 4

Trying to calmly look through the emotion...

I wonder if, when Benford accepted the job offer, he was aware of the possibility that he might not be able to be successful as a head coach?
Did he assume he could be successful if he simply continued to recruit talented athletes?

I remember looking at the video of the RV introduction/press conference and thinking that he (Benford) seemed uncomfortable. But, I

dismissed that as first-timer's jitters, etc.

This situation is not going to improve.
Deep in my soul I want to wish him well and send him on his way.

Now.

• Upvote 1