Thoughts from the SMU basketball game

-They'd beat us right now. Because we're injured and their coach, between his naps and bingo, would outcoach Benford.

-Moody's renovations can't come soon enough. This place is a dump. The Pit isn't perfect but it's waaaaay better than this.

-No team, unless you're 10 points better than the ponies, can beat them and the refs.

-Apparently there is an official douchebag uniform. And they're all wearing it. Total attendance from outside of Highland Park? Me, my daughter and the parents of the hired help (black basketball players).

-Their game against Memphis on Feb 6th is advertised as a "white out" game. From looking around the crowd could come nude...mission accomplished.

And before anyone askes the obvious question...it's college basketball, within 10 miles of my house, and NT is on the road this week.

• Upvote 3

-They'd beat us right now. Because we're injured and their coach, between his naps and bingo, would outcoach Benford.

And before anyone askes the obvious question...it's college basketball, within 10 miles of my house, and NT is on the road this week.

Yep...if they could beat UNT right now, they best learn how to hold on to a 19 point lead. Darn those rookie head coaches, they just don't have the experience to coach at this level.

In case anyone missed it, SMU is now 1-3 in conference after a decent number of early season wins against not so "challenging" opponents...SMU's overall record is: 11-8. And, yes, I would like UNT to be 11-8 right now...but I sort of think by the end of the season UNT will have a better conference record than SMU or LSU for that matter. Ok, well, that remains to be seen, but I would not be so fast as to announce that SMU would definitely beat UNT right now. Our guys are better than their guys! That's a fact, jack!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Since when have we overcome any 19 point deficits?

Hmmmmmm...point was about holding onto a 19 point lead, not overcoming one! SMU lost a 19 point lead, did not overcome one. You can ask So,. Miss about what it takes to overcome one...as that is what they just did against SMU. And, I am too lazy to look up the UNT recodes to see when the last time it happened.

So, let me ask you (because I don't know)...when was the last time UNT LOST a 19 point lead?

That very experienced HC at SMU can not "coach"" well enough to protect a 19 point lead. He needs to be fired immediately. The guy obviously cannot coach a lick! But, we have folks that just know SMU would beat UNT right now. Hmmmmmmmm. I guess we will really never know as SMU isn't on the schedule.

Since someone felt my post was worth a -1 (why...I was knocking SMU after all?), maybe I should add that LSU is 0-3 in conference and UT women are now 0-5 in conference .... both with very experienced and VERY capable head coaches like Brown at SMU. Seems experience alone might just not be the panacea for all things. I know this upsets some folks, and I am in no way knocking either JJ or Aston...I am knocking those who think "experience" at the D1 level is all one needs to be successful coaching at a new school. Didn't that lady who coached Duke and then went to UT to coach the women have a national championship as well? Where is she coaching now?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Coach Jones will lose a lot of games with players left to him. People at UNT liked him. Then he left the school for a better job. Everyone listed the reasons they loved him.

Coach Benford is losing a lot of games with players left to him. Most people expected a better season. Everyone lists the reasons they hate him.

In retrospect, he probably should've scheduled like Johnny and we'd have a better record

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Coach Jones will lose a lot of games with players left to him. People at UNT liked him. Then he left the school for a better job. Everyone listed the reasons they loved him.

Coach Benford is losing a lot of games with players left to him. Most people expected a better season. Everyone lists the reasons they hate him.

In retrospect, he probably should've scheduled like Johnny and we'd have a better record

Is this a bit?

If not, some key details are being left out of your comparison. And, regarding the schedule, are you kidding me? We lost to a D-2 team...The schedule doesn't matter.

• Upvote 2

Hmmmmmm...point was about holding onto a 19 point lead, not overcoming one! SMU lost a 19 point lead, did not overcome one. You can ask So,. Miss about what it takes to overcome one...as that is what they just did against SMU. And, I am too lazy to look up the UNT recodes to see when the last time it happened.

So, let me ask you (because I don't know)...when was the last time UNT LOST a 19 point lead?

You said that if they could beat us, they would have to know how to hold a 19 point lead. In order for them to lose a 19 point lead, we would have to be able to overcome one. This team is not making comebacks, but we are good at giving up leads.

I don't know either.

• Upvote 1