I have Pats over 49ers, but these are interesting matchups. I've never been sold on Atlanta, but they're a much better looking team at home (as was the case with Seattle this year, but to a much greater degree).

I still think it's a 49ers win, because they're a more balanced team (though that doesn't mean what it once did in the NFL).

The BAL-NE matchup I have even less of a read on. Both teams are playing some of their best football right now (though I guess that could be said about anyone in a Championship). I give the very slight edge to New England in a shootout. New England works at a pace that it's tough for Baltimore to counter, but New England's defense is suspect.

If it's New England vs. San Fran, I like San Fran better, but Tom Brady has the experience.

I'm not terribly confident in any of these opinions, though.

Yes. What was their record the year before? How many games has their starting QB started?

Ok, and with their one playoff victory, the Falcons are "in the business of crashing new up-and-comers back to earth?" Seems incongruous to say that a team with two consecutive appearances in the NFC championship is an up-and-comer, regardless of their QB, and to say that Atlanta is a regular at knocking down such teams.

And to answer your question, 6-10 and he has played in 16 games started 8. Not sure those particular stats matter, Tom Brady didn't have many appearances in 2001 and the Patriots had gone 5-11 the year prior (seem like up-and-comers) and won the Super Bowl.

Ok, and with their one playoff victory, the Falcons are "in the business of crashing new up-and-comers back to earth?" Seems incongruous to say that a team with two consecutive appearances in the NFC championship is an up-and-comer, regardless of their QB, and to say that Atlanta is a regular at knocking down such teams.

And to answer your question, 6-10 and he has played in 16 games started 8. Not sure those particular stats matter, Tom Brady didn't have many appearances in 2001 and the Patriots had gone 5-11 the year prior (seem like up-and-comers) and won the Super Bowl.

Okay. ^ = :geek: