We missed Power tonight

DentonAmerica

We were averaging 190 yards rushing going into this game and then run for 56 on 30 carries tonight against FAU with Power out. I don't think that FAU would do anything different than what Troy or K-State would do, especially with less talent and from watching it, we missed his blocking on the edge. I know Mac said in his press conference earlier in the week the tight ends were a big part in the run game and this proves it.

GMG

• Upvote 1

We were averaging 190 yards rushing going into this game and then run for 56 on 30 carries tonight against FAU with Power out. I don't think that FAU would do anything different than what Troy or K-State would do, especially with less talent and from watching it, we missed his blocking on the edge. I know Mac said in his press conference earlier in the week the tight ends were a big part in the run game and this proves it.

GMG

So, is Power expected to be back soon? I hope so, since Marcus Smith is out for the year.

• Upvote 1

I do miss Power but this is his last year and a capable backup needs to step up. Drew Miller seems the most likely to me. It bothers me that Marcus Smith may be out for his career. Tearing an ACL in the same leg twice just doesn't sound good. I like Prior as an H-Back but not so much as a Tight End. I thought that he was a fairly capable linebacker but I don't know if he was moved due to need or because they thought that he was more suited to tight end. Tanner was a little overmatched tonight but he'll give it his best and should improve. IMO Burt needs a lot more work for the FBS level.

The bottom line is that there is no one with the capability of Power and a replacement for him is vital in this recruiting period.