Brian Bethea?

bdan2002

I'm for cutting anyone that isn't getting the job done unless there is a reason that he/she cannot. While I'd prefer alums they must be qualified. This is a critical time for promotions, sales, and donations. It's like not getting a second chance to make a first impression.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 3

For me, I'd prefer to see a good mix of both UNT grads and non-UNT grads. having too many UNT grads does not bring in fresh ideas from other successful places...having too few UNT grads makes for lack of tradition and continuity. For me...give me a good mix of both. I know of several UNT grads working in areas all across the UNT campus including athletics these days. The days when a UNT grad could not get hired at UNT seems to be pretty much over if you actually look at the numbers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For me, I'd prefer to see a good mix of both UNT grads and non-UNT grads. having too many UNT grads does not bring in fresh ideas from other successful places...having too few UNT grads makes for lack of tradition and continuity. For me...give me a good mix of both. I know of several UNT grads working in areas all across the UNT campus including athletics these days. The days when a UNT grad could not get hired at UNT seems to be pretty much over if you actually look at the numbers.

Give me the person that excells at what they do, regardless of where they graduated.

Hire the best candidate and them let them do their job.

If they are a UNT grad, great. If not, so what.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Give me the person that excells at what they do, regardless of where they graduated.

Hire the best candidate and them let them do their job.

If they are a UNT grad, great. If not, so what.

I agree, but in the event that two potential employees are identical in qualifications, go with the UNT grad. If for nothing else, that person already has pride and will probably be more enticed to stay at the school long-term than a non-alum. I'd hate to have someone do great things in the athletic dept. just to see them get scooped up by their alma mater.

• Upvote 1

Here's the job posting: http://www.higheredj...bCode=175653942

So, anyone have any news about Brian? I thought he did a great job with the stadium. Did he get a new gig elsewhere? Sure wish him well and thank him for all he has done for the Mean green nation. Well done, Brian. THANK YOU!

So, anyone have any news about Brian? I thought he did a great job with the stadium. Did he get a new gig elsewhere? Sure wish him well and thank him for all he has done for the Mean green nation. Well done, Brian. THANK YOU!

Based on Sound Man's cryptic comments, you may have to look elsewhere than gmg.com for your answers.

• Upvote 1

Based on Sound Man's cryptic comments, you may have to look elsewhere than gmg.com for your answers.

Nope...seems we have found right here on GMG.Com that Brian is now working at Cowboy Stadium. Good for Bruian...hopefuuly, I'll run into him one of these days and will be able to say hello and to thank him in person for the great work he did with Apogee. Thanks for the update GreenLegend37.