mid major coaches

wardly

NCAA does not use the terms "major" and "mid-major" to differentiate between Division I athletics conferences. Calling a conference a mid-major is like calling someone a short-tall person. But, what would you expect from a minor-major sports outlet like the Bleacher Report. This is no minor league in the NCAA Division 1.

• Upvote 1

NCAA does not use the terms "major" and "mid-major" to differentiate between Division I athletics conferences. Calling a conference a mid-major is like calling someone a short-tall person. But, what would you expect from a minor-major sports outlet like the Bleacher Report. This is no minor league in the NCAA Division 1 FBS.

Lest someone call you to task about a word.

• Upvote 2

Lest someone call you to task about a word.

Thanks Gray,

Clarification , in football only, Division I was further subdivided in 1978 into Division I-A (the principal football schools) and Division I-AA;these were renamed "Football Bowl Subdivision" and "Football Championship Subdivision" in 2006. NCAA does not use the terms "major" and "mid-major" to differentiate between Division I athletics conferences. Division I contains 346 institutions. So what is a mid major?

Edited by Mark Gommesen
  • Upvote 1

What's a "mid-major" in football ? What happened to FBS ?

same as a mid major in basketball.[ a non BCS conference]. you guys are missing the point, which is that the Belt has some pretty good head football coaches. sorry if post was too complicated.

same as a mid major in basketball.[ a non BCS conference]. you guys are missing the point, which is that the Belt has some pretty good head football coaches. sorry if post was too complicated.

Who said it was complicated ? There just isn't a mid-majors classification in college football. Being an article from the Bleacher Report, validity & accuracy is what's at issue.

Edited by MeanGreen61

I said "for what its worth". However, I find the Bleacher Report to be more accurate that most of posts on this board. All Iwas attempting to repeat was that there are some very good coaches in the Belt, which with the exception of Troy,wasn't the case 10 years ago.THE END!

Edited by wardly