McCarney Story in Des Moines News

MeanGreenGlory

Glad McCarney is doing well and is expected to have a full recovery. Here's a video and article from Iowa:

http://www.kcci.com/r/30447158/detail.html

I love coach Mac as our football coach. He has already done tremendous things for our program and I'm sure he will do many, many, many more.

Now, I know this story concerns his health and is something we all hope he never has to experience again. However, this news station in Iowa did a full 2:22 story on him and included North Texas logos and video (mixed in with Iowa State footage) that gave us great exposure and recognition in a part of the country we would have never gotten positive exposure previously.

I have a feeling that a strange crowd of North Texas fans are starting to accumulate in that part of the country and I couldn't be more excited that Coach McCarney has been able to bridge the connection.

I just wanted to say welcome aboard to those Iowa State North Texans and thank you to coach Mac for all that you have done for UNT and all that you will do in the future!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

• Upvote 3