Pitino Still Wants Temple in Big East

Harry

On who Pitino would like to see added basketball-wise:

“Me personally, it’s Temple.  But, you know, I’m not the commissioner and I’m not the presidents.  People say that Villanova is fighting it.  I don’t understand because South Florida had to say, ‘Look, we don’t like it but we’ll take Central Florida.  If that’s in the best interests of the conference, we’ll do it.’  And Villanova’s going to have to say, ‘If it’s in the best interests of the conference, we’ll do it.’  So everybody’s gotta start thinking, the only agenda is how can the Big East be strong?  Now, Temple, I think, is the logical, again, it’s an inner city school, Philadelphia, great coach, great tradition.  I think it’s a natural.  Good football program.  But I don’t know if some other people would agree with that. I’ve always said that Memphis and Temple make the most sense.”

Read More: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/owlsinq/139050799.html

I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell that Temple U has any interest in the Alliance. In fact, on the CUSA board in a link the Temple U AD said of CUSA['s interest in his school: "This is the first I've head of this.":blink:

We have to remember just how many stories and rumors grow some pretty strong legs on conference message boards, especially the CUSA board where a few posters from ECU and Marshall act as if they are a "Committee of 2" who will decide anything relating to CUSA's future.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen