Tennis This Saturday at UNT

KRAM1

In checking the tennis schedule, I noticed that UNT is playing at home this Saturday, 1/28...two matches:

11:00AM - against Stephen F. Austin

3:00PM - against Oral Roberts U

I guess Mean Green fans will have to make choices Saturday...hopefully, each event will get a nice crowd. I'm going to try to catch some of the SFA match before heading over to the Super Pit. Love Coach Lama and how supportive he is of UNT in general and our other sport programs. The guy's a great coach and a great person.

SFA should not be taken lightly, they have a 2nd Year coach who has brought in some solid players. Should be a 6-1 or 5-2 match but will be tough one for the ladies. Watch for the SFA #1-2 players who are pretty stout.

They beat Louisville 5-2 this past weekend SFA beats UL

Their #2 team also beat the #27 Nationally ranked team from Illinois in Florida 2 weeks back. SFA/ILL Match

Oral Roberts should be a an easier match but the ladies could be tired from the early match turn around. They have won a individual match this year following losses to sweeps to Tulsa and Wichita State and a 6-1 loss to Okie State

Edited by untbowler

SFA should not be taken lightly, they have a 2nd Year coach who has brought in some solid players. Should be a 6-1 or 5-2 match but will be tough one for the ladies. Watch for the SFA #1-2 players who are pretty stout.

They beat Louisville 5-2 this past weekend SFA beats UL

Their #2 team also beat the #27 Nationally ranked team from Illinois in Florida 2 weeks back. SFA/ILL Match

Oral Roberts should be a an easier match but the ladies could be tired from the early match turn around. They have won a individual match this year following losses to sweeps to Tulsa and Wichita State and a 6-1 loss to Okie State

I know you are a tennis guy...maybe even a tennis hack...so will you be attending the tennis matches Saturday? Always good to have your perspective on the matches.

• Upvote 1

I know you are a tennis guy...maybe even a tennis hack...so will you be attending the tennis matches Saturday? Always good to have your perspective on the matches.

If I lived closer I would but have some officiating this weekend, but will be chairing a match or two when the ladies come to Fayetteville, a week from Saturday vs. Kansas State.

I then see SFA the next weekend when they play a double header against UCA and UALR. Then I'll see Oral Roberts first weekend of March when they play UCA.

Would love some reports if fans are able to make it out.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SFA is going to be good this year, but with the experience the team has this result I hope is due to overconfidence and early season match. Makes next weekend's matches look even tougher now.

C'mon now... We lost in dominating fashion to a Southland team! That should never ever happen, right?

Shouldn't you spend the rest of eternity calling Coach Lama overmatched and incompetent, and complaining that he still works here?

C'mon now... We lost in dominating fashion to a Southland team! That should never ever happen, right?

Shouldn't you spend the rest of eternity calling Coach Lama overmatched and incompetent, and complaining that he still works here?

No I'll just save that for your savior JJ.

SFA's coach is in second year and has already completely turned the team around. Pretty impressive. He was an assistant at UA-Fayetteville so has good connections and SFA has a pretty new large facility, so good recruiting.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Now, that's funny Tasty! I even get it! :goodjob::lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...