Tyler Chapel Hill

cl_1_2008

I was just listening to the Chapel Hill game and they were down 2, from their own 24, with a 4th and 15, with 40 seconds to play. They won, 21-16. Hell of a game, even though the announcers absolutely sucked. Chapel Hill vs Alvarado next Friday at Cowboys Stadium. See you there.

It was a great game – third CH playoff game in a row that has come down to the last minute or so. As I said before, I am hoping that the adversity faced in all three of these games works to CH's advantage in the state championship game.

UNT Chapel Hill Commits Against West Columbia (along with a bit of Friday night game info):

Sir Calvin Wallace – DT – Sir Calvin played the first two series of the game, and then had a leg injury. He was out a series and then returned for another series before leaving the game for, basically, the next three quarters.

He came in and played the final two defensive series of the game. CH was down 16 – 14, WC had the ball twice and were stopped twice because of the leadership and play of Wallace and Colton Moorehead, along with a swarming CH defense.

The first of those last two series CH got the ball back, the QB threw an interception with about 3 – 4 minutes left in the game. Enter Sir Calvin once again and he was a monster – he and the defense held WC to a four-and-out (with CH calling a timeout after plays 1 – 3 and holding on a 4th down and 2-yards to go).

CH took over on their own 29 yard line with 2:10 remaining and no timeouts. CH did nothing the first three plays and faced a 4th and 7. The QB was flushed from the pocket, scrambled to the right and found a receiver for a 43-yard play to the WC 25 yard line.

CH then converted a 12 yard pass to the 13 – missed a receiver in the end zone – and then with 8-seconds left CH hit a 13-yard TD pass to win the game.

Rex Rollin – 10 carries for 88-yards – Rollins is feeling good again and running hard – been injured so much of the season.

Andrew Tucker – 3 carries for 11 yards. Tucker was injured in the first half of last week’s game against Navasota and played only 3 – 4 plays the whole game against WC. Given everything I have been able to find out; I think he will be quite ready to go in the state championship game next week.

Chapel Hill (14 – 0) vs. Alvarado (14 – 0) will play this coming Friday night, 7:30, for the 3-A Division 1 State Championship at Jerry Jones' Cowboy Stadium. I hope that some of you can make it to the game – last year CH and Henderson managed to draw in excess of 20,000 to the game – not bad for a 3-A game.

I expect CH to have all of its starters healthy for this game (at least as healthy as a high school team can be 15 games into a season).

I will give one final report on the Mean Green CH commits after the state championship game – and then TylerMeanGreen will retire and leave the sports reporting to the professionals.

BTW, my wife, daughter and I sat in the big middle of the rain yesterday and loved every minute of the UNT/MTSU game (well, my wife and daughter loved it a bit less than I did given the miserable conditions). What a way to end the season!

GMG

• Upvote 5