Do you agree with the Homecoming Time Change from 6pm to 4pm?

Harry

Sounds like we need a new poll.

Which is more pathetic:

• Under 15 thousand for Homecoming in the first year of our new stadium?
  • Moving the game time to remove a conflict with the Rangers playing a home game in the World Series?
  • Under 15 thousand for Homecoming in the first year of our new stadium even after moving the game time to remove a conflict with the Rangers playing a home game in the World Series?

Fixed, you left off an option.

We move the game to get more in and all it will do is kill attendance, why does anyone think it will increase attendance by moving the game up? Here is a big clue for all those that forgot. Why did we move as many games to 6:00pm as we could? Anyone Anyone? Bueller?

Because the earlier the game the worse our attendance was. This not going to change so we give up 4000 to pick up 500 real good choice AD! And all the fans on this board that can suddenly make this game because it was moved up are as full of crap as they can be. Those that find it convenient by a move up would likely be just as happy if all games were moved up. All this will do for me is shorten the time I spend with old friends I only get to see at Homecoming. So in the end I see no benefit in this move expect the now extra drop in attendance, which has been proven in the past. The Ranger's game impact will be the same 4 or 6 or 2 that is the really dumbass part of this joke. RV you screwed up! But hey its not the first time Huh?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This comment isn't specific to this particular time change but to the 4:00 game time in general:

Last week in Lafayette, my son and I went to get a bite to eat after the game...the game that started at 4:00 pm.

Every restaurant we went to was packed with red shirts.

Every restaurant was full around 7:30 or 8:00 pm.

If I were a business in Denton, I would be overjoyed about 4:00 pm game times.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I too will be at the game either way. I do feel bad for the folks that will have a hard time getting here. I know my parents will now be very rushed. My mom's 50th high school reunion lunch is also that day which would have worked with a 6 pm game much better. Now they will get to enjoy very little if any of the pre-game experience. Also, my sister and her husband who are also alums are planning to come to Apogee for the first time. They have morning obligations as well and will not be able to enjoy much of the new tailgating experience. Just some examples....however, we will all try our best to get there on time. I hope others will as well. Believe me, I am a huge Rangers fan , but this is just not a great situation. I'm afraid the word will not get out to people in time and there will be some very upset alums.

Anyways...Go Mean Green and Go Rangers!

You know what would have increased attendance?

Winning againt LaLa last week.

Time change wont matter either way.

How about 6 years of being one of the worst if not the worst college football program in the country. I don't think attendance would have changed either way whether we beat lala last week or not. We've been that bad for that long...it will take time.