Parking confusion

stebo

We Park at Victory Hall (whatever color that is), and parking in and of itself has been no problem whatsoever. We never know when the gate on Eagle Dr is open, so we just default to going around to the Bonnie Brae entrance, and it hasn't been a problem at all.

We're still trying to figure out when we can get our vehicles within a quarter mile of our tailgate site to unload though. We've tried showing up at 9am on Friday, and they still threaten to tow us. The parking lot is completely empty, but they want to get on their little radios and tow us each and every time. Surprisingly, on Sunday morning when conditions are exactly the same, we never get any grief.

We Park at Victory Hall (whatever color that is), and parking in and of itself has been no problem whatsoever. We never know when the gate on Eagle Dr is open, so we just default to going around to the Bonnie Brae entrance, and it hasn't been a problem at all.

We're still trying to figure out when we can get our vehicles within a quarter mile of our tailgate site to unload though. We've tried showing up at 9am on Friday, and they still threaten to tow us. The parking lot is completely empty, but they want to get on their little radios and tow us each and every time. Surprisingly, on Sunday morning when conditions are exactly the same, we never get any grief.

I go and set up friday morning at around 7-8, and Ive never had anyone tell me that they will tow.... We just pull right up on the walkway and drive to our spot and unload, pretty easy if you can do it friday

Bataan Death March? Really? I am now a booster with Blue Lot parking but I carried my 5 year old on my shoulders from the stadium all the way to the main library without problems for the first game. If you have small children..be a role model and stay in shape. My friend has tickets to UT games and told me his walk to the game is easily over a mile so not much to complain about.

It will definitely be better once the pedestrian bridge is done, until then, be patient and enjoy the walk.

I know this thread is about the overall parking problem and to a degree the long walk to Apogee, but next Fall won't the glass enclosed walkway extending over I-35E solve many of our problems?

There was no way to avoid it this year, but many senior citizen Mean Green fans are in many cases simply not able to make the walk from campus onto North Texas Blvd then over to the Mean Green Village and Apogee Stadium and it is costing UNT that demographic this year--familys with young children the same. Young kids cannot walk that far and then have to be picked up by mom and dad which makes that walk for parents with kids on their backs our version of the Bataan Death March.

I tihnk more signage telling people where to get free on campus parking and paid Fouts Field parking should happen. No one who knows our campus like most of us on this board have problems getting around to a spot but those who have never been to Apogee could easily get lost looking for a place to park on our campus and then where do they go from there for the long walk.

For the first game, the UH executive director of the "H" club (fundraising arm of Coog athletics) parked next to who I was with near the Super PIt and didn't have the first clue as to where he was supposed to go next. He knew nothing of North Texas Blvd being the main pedestrian artery to get over to the MG Village, either. In fact, he told me and another alum that he thought the new stadium was somewhere on our east campus. (He came in from Dallas and probably took McCormick Dr exit then to the Super Pit and probably would not have seen Apogee coming from Dallas. We invited him to walk with us and we'd get him to Apogee by way of NT Boulevard. (Of course, when all else fails just follow where most of the crowd is heading is the best rule of thumb, right)? For those who don't know, we may need more "day of" signs saying with arrows pointing to the way to get to Apogee.

We knew there would be parking problems this Fall with a new stadium and looking at a map even a year before its completion indicated such, but I think they will tweak it and get it right sooner than later. We have dedicated a whole bunch of the Apogee Stadium area as a greenway (instead of multiple parking lots) which I hope we can keep that way for a long time but the I-35E covered walkway will solve many, many problems with where most of our fans and students park, ie, on our east campus. NOTE: When UNT expands to 40K or 50K in the future that is probably when we will lose much of our present greenway around Apogee.

• Upvote 1

My mother isn't handicapped and doesn't have a handicapped sticker. Just saying that long of a walk won't work.

I don't know if there is a free shuttle or not, just throwing out ideas. I have not had any problems with the parking system, but want to make sure it is easy for those not familiar with the situation.

• Upvote 1

I always park by Bruce Hall, easy in & easy out. It is a bit of a walk but my 13 year old son and I don't mind that at all.

I can't imagine driving to Denton with the intention of going to the game, not being able to find a parking space and turning around and going home. That just blows my mind!