Conference ranks

greenminer

i think you guys (sunbelt) are better than the majority of the wac after next year with the realignment. i think with nevada doing better in football, fresno almost beating Nebraska and utah state almost upsetting auburn and being a solid bball team, and with hawaii beating colorado this year in football i think they are better right now.

However, FIU and Troy are solid football programs as well. UNT will be on their way up shortly with dan at the helm so i think the sun belt will move up the rankings as a conference either next year or in 3-4 years. i also think you guys are closer to the MAC then the rankings show as well

When it comes to the BR, I wouldn't get too high with the highs, or low with their lows.

Still, very sad.

The funny thing about Bleacher Report is that people discredit it when they don't like the article and play it up when they do. Our school's administration published this huge piece in our alumni newsletter and later in The North Texan that our band had been named the "top marching band in the nation" by the "prestigious sports authority - Bleacher Report" - I almost fell out of my chair when I read that.

We need to be in c-USA

we will get consideraton when we turn our football program around in next3 to 5 years, increase mens basketball attendance, and SMU gets religion.at this point we bring nothing to the table but "potential". if/when big 12 implodes an opportunity in cusa may present itself,depending on the fallout. untill then, we need to take care of business, and good things should come.our new stadium levels the playing field. i personally am against adding another underfunded non revenue sport such as baseball, but that may be the price of admission into another conference. interesting times.

we will get consideraton when we turn our football program around in next3 to 5 years, increase mens basketball attendance, and SMU gets religion.at this point we bring nothing to the table but "potential". if/when big 12 implodes an opportunity in cusa may present itself,depending on the fallout. untill then, we need to take care of business, and good things should come.our new stadium levels the playing field. i personally am against adding another underfunded non revenue sport such as baseball, but that may be the price of admission into another conference. interesting times.

CUSA loves that, case in point, UCF.

CUSA loves that, case in point, UCF.

Yeah, but UCF had some success before they joined the conference with Daunte Culpepper as their QB, and they delivered a pretty good-sized TV market in Orlando without sharing it with another private school already in the league. If you just take SMU away from CUSA, then it really is closely comparable between UCF and us. Unfortunately...

ESPN

I don't think I agree with this.

If UNT beats Indiana, how much does it help the conference cause?

Three SBC teams in the Bottom 10 and one in the Waiting List. I would say the SBC deserves to be #11. Alabama will not help the cause but the Indiana game will be an excellent indicator of how the team will do the remainder of the year.