Are we playing a football game this week?

NCMeanGreen

Think this is the quietest it has ever been before the opening game. Game is like 4-5 days away, and not much action yet.

Could be an affect of closed practice/scrimmages possibly??

There has been a rumor about a game this week. Actually, I think that a lot of people are waiting to see the "new" team under Coach Mac. There will be lots of talk after the FIU game, that is for sure.

• Upvote 2

There will probably more chatter after the 2-deep is released tomorrow. I'm excited to see if there are any other surprises besides Cyril Lemon starting at RG.

Yep, with practice being closed and without the release of the 2 deep, not a lot to talk about.

4 days to football season, boys!!

Yes, the game is closed to the public also.

Seriously, has there ever been a new season start and fans knew so little about incoming players and new faces on the team? I know it's stealth practicing but the SID and Green Gang has went above and beyond giving no info to fans this off season.

But, FIU also has no information or film on this team. I guess they game plan off of last year's offensive tape and last year's WKU defensive tape. Not really a good set of circumstances for them. THey have no idea how UNT's personnel will perform in Bowen's defensive scheme. Lots of coaching advantages in this first match up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The two Angry Emoticons with DOUCHEBAG in the middle were in response to the first comment

"Yes, the game is closed to the public also."

Is that a good enough explanation!

No.

I thought this was some type of inside joke between you and NT80.

You were serious???? If so, just a little (like, waaaay) over the line.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Think this is the quietest it has ever been before the opening game. Game is like 4-5 days away, and not much action yet.

Could be an affect of closed practice/scrimmages possibly??

I think four years of Dodge has caused people to be hesitant to be overly optimistic. We're like a dog that has been kicked repeatedly...even when you go to pet it, it will cower down.

• Upvote 1

WE all wait in hopes that what we see is a vastly more improved product on the field but since we have never had a team under DMac...we just don't know what to expect. No visitations to practice or scrimmages will change that either since we went to them last year and OBVIOUSLY we didn't do as well as we thought we would (tons of variables came into play). My recommendation is to clear your mind and try not to think about it until Thursday night when it will be a Christmas for all of us (especially those of us that are going :D )

I fully expect that starting Thursday at 6Pm this board will be so swarmed with the faithful and busting full of info that you will not be able to get to it all. WE are here....exactly 4 days from right now we will be watching the start of the McCarney Era and hopefully the best football that this school has ever played.

But, FIU also has no information or film on this team. I guess they game plan off of last year's offensive tape and last year's WKU defensive tape. Not really a good set of circumstances for them. THey have no idea how UNT's personnel will perform in Bowen's defensive scheme. Lots of coaching advantages in this first match up.

If you're saying we'll be less predictable, I'm all for it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1