Rick V At Tarrant County NT Exes Tonight &

First of all, all thanks to Stephen (ScreamingEaglesFan) West, his wife and others for putting this together tonight. There weren't as many at this evenings get together as the over 100 we had at the last Tarrant Count North Texas Exes meeting but there was a scrimmage tonight at Fouts Field at 7:00 PM. (Need I say more)? }:>)

BUT those of us there had a good time...Our new North Texas Exes Executive Director David Layton was also in attendance and urges all to join the NT Exes group (and who knows, maybe even help start one in your own area if there is not one)... See David on coordinating that part.

UNT AD Rick Villarreal and Mean Green Club associate Mandy McKinley were both also in attendance tonight and both were very upbeat about things to come in Mean Green Country.

Rick V said:

**It is imperative that we have thousands of Mean Greeners at the TCU game at Amon Carter Stadium on September 21'st. A time to make a statement to the entire Metroplex and region about what we all know is NOT our grandpappy's UNT and to make that statement on the road in Cowtown. (I plan on buying anywhere from 5-10 UNT/TCU tickets and take some of my Tarrant County friends/fellow alums with me for what I think will be just a dandy college football game on the TCU campus on the evening of September 21'st).

Rick V said:

**There are plans to get the word out to all the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth and the UNT-Dallas students to come up to Fouts Field and use their student Id cards to get in, uh, FREE, at ALL Mean Green home football games. To my knowledge, this has never been done (especially with our medical school in Fort Worth). We do have some present and future UNT graduated D.O.'s (and other medical professionals) from our Fort Worth school who we need to help support the Mean Green! (My own D.O. is one of them). GREAT IDEA, RICK V AND STAFF!

SPEAKING OF THE UNTHSC @ FORT WORTH: The postmaster of our med school's post office in Fort Worth has requested from me some more UNT Mean Green 2002 FB pocket schedules so she can put them in ALL of their staff, instructors and students mail boxes. (I will take her about 500 more schedules on Monday morning and may also stop off, Emmitt, at the West Seventh 7-11 store to see if they need some more UNT Mean Green FB pocket schedules as well. }:>)

Rick V said:

Negotiations are going on with some "un-named" school(s) for our future football schedule that will please many who read GoMeanGreen.com

Rick V said:

He will get with Harry Miers who owns this forum to let us ALL on GMG.com know which Denton area businesses are signed up with Mean Green Business Directory (I think Mandy McKinley said about 60 so far) so all of us who post or lurk will know who we want to do business with when we are in Denton for a football weekend from here on out. (Emmitt, you might let Rick V in on your experience at the Denton 7-11 store--I do believe he would be interested in hearing your story).

Rick V said:

It's time for all of our fans to step up to the plate as they are doing their part in giving us something that we will be proud of in Mean Green Country. ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO IN MEAN GREEN COUNTRY! biggrin.gif