Sa Express Confirms Lairamie Lee

Not that I really had anything to do with it, but I did recommend Lairamie Lee to one of the UNT Associate ADs a couple of months ago and asked him to pass it on to the coaching staff. He may have already been on UNT’s radar.

I was sorry to see him initally commit to UTSA because I thought he had the skills to be recruited at a higher-level football program.

I have watched this kid all season (I live in Chapel Hill, which is just outside of Tyler) and he has the skills to be quite a player for the Mean Green. His leadership skills are great – he was the emotional leader of a team that went to the Division One 3-A state championship game this year; he is a heckuva running back, and an even better linebacker.

If he has actually committed to UNT, I could not be happier. He is a winner!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I hear you; he has at least 3 years on the varsity, and did just about everything a running back/return man could do. I always thought he'd end up at UT or another Big 12 program.

He should have, during his JR yr he was being courted by the likes of USC and others, was destined for a Big 6 conference. Than he tore his acl and missed most of his JR year. Interest fell off, he had an offer from Utah, and took an official to Northwestern but no offer. Great steal for UTSA IMO

He should have, during his JR yr he was being courted by the likes of USC and others, was destined for a Big 6 conference. Than he tore his acl and missed most of his JR year. Interest fell off, he had an offer from Utah, and took an official to Northwestern but no offer. Great steal for UTSA IMO

Don't you mean, "Great steal FROM UTSA?"

Nice article, but the comments section are unbelieveable. Why so much hostility from a group that has zero leverage in any discussion regarding football. Befuddles me.

Welcome aboard Mr Lee, glad to have you, get ready to go to work, we've got some ball games to win.

Nice article, but the comments section are unbelieveable. Why so much hostility from a group that has zero leverage in any discussion regarding football. Befuddles me.

Welcome aboard Mr Lee, glad to have you, get ready to go to work, we've got some ball games to win.

There is not an intelligence requirement to post comments on a news story.